Notary Rotary
FASS
Notary Discussion History

FASS
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by aj/ca on 7/6/05 11:29am
Msg #50023

FASS

I get some work from an escrow officer at First American Title Co in my area. If I sign up with Fass will that mean the escrow officer will have to pay me their low fee from now on or can I still be paid independently the higher amt that I normally get from them?

Reply by Ernest_CT on 7/6/05 11:37am
Msg #50028

You'd be best off by not signing up with FASS. It would probably just muddy the waters.

Just my opinion, of course!

Reply by CaliNotary on 7/6/05 1:08pm
Msg #50047

There are a lot of branches of First American Title that don't go through FASS, I doubt it would be a problem.

However, I would still advise against signing up with FASS. About a month or two ago one of their employees was on the board posing as a signing agent and saying how much he loved all the $40 jobs that he was getting from them. Basically trying to convince us that we should be taking $40 jobs too.

So their ethics are highly questionable to say the least. Not to mention, they only pay $50 to begin with.

Reply by aj/ca on 7/6/05 1:57pm
Msg #50059

Thanks Ernest & Cali. I thought maybe I might get some purchases since I have experience as a retiring realtor and they pay better than the refinances , but I don't want to jeopardize the local connection if I end up in a database & then they have to pay me $50 for the refinances. Anyone else here ever had any complications with that?

Reply by Cherilyn in CO on 7/7/05 1:01pm
Msg #50302

I get work from both...

First American Title and FASS. Never has been a problem. I only do Countrywide Helocs from FASS. FAT gives me refis from other lenders.

Reply by aj/ca on 7/8/05 11:29am
Msg #50568

Re: I get work from both...

Thanks, Cherilyn!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.