Notary Rotary
Grant Deed
Notary Discussion History

Grant Deed
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by SarahBeth_CA on 7/14/05 8:08pm
Msg #52265

Grant Deed

On the 1st attempt at signing the escrow paperwork had the wrong names on it including the Grant Deed. Also borrowers decided after all that they didn't want to go with an ARM. The wife bought the home before they got married. So now I get the paperwork for 2nd attempt. -At last signing all three of us at the table NB spouce states that they kept him off the loan because he would've brought the credit score down (I didn't ask, he just said it). So the new paperwork doesn't have his name on the DOT, RTC, or TIL (I know he needs to sign these), or Estimated Closing Statement (still unsure if he should sign ECS) (no Settlement Statement). Then the Grant Deed says that the husband (non-borrowing, not on the original Deed) grants to the wife, A Married woman as Her Sole and Separate Property.

I don't understand why this is in the paperwork (not that it is for me to question). The ss and I both think it sounds like there's something wrong. He left a message for the person who takes care of this. At this point I'm going to the signing. The Grant Deed is the first doc in the package. If she doesn't want to sign that then that is her perogative. We will try and call the LO so he can see what can be done if anything. I have to leave for this one in a half hour.

Reply by Sam on 7/14/05 8:28pm
Msg #52282

Please let us know the outcome...I can just see this happening to me next week...

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 7/14/05 8:32pm
Msg #52286

Oh I will.

Reply by Brian/CA on 7/14/05 9:23pm
Msg #52316

One of my homes was mine prior to my marriage, my spouse signed off on it. I added one of my children. My child's spouse signed off on it. We did a refi on this house, neither spouse signed anything.

Reply by Sanders Signing Service on 7/14/05 11:16pm
Msg #52359

Sounds like a countrywide home loan

If you husband signs a grant deed or quit claim deed he would not have to sign the dot, til, or rtc. The grant deed or quit claim deed releases his interest in that loan.

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 7/15/05 12:35am
Msg #52402

The borrower spoke to the LO and afterwards she said that the LO told her that the GD would keep the husband off the title. I didn't hear what the LO said. But both the husband and wife were decided that they were ok with signing the paperwork. So they did.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.