Notary Rotary
HELP!!!!
Notary Discussion History

HELP!!!!
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Dana/CA on 7/25/05 12:49pm
Msg #54495

HELP!!!!

I accepted a signing with docs to be delivered to me. When I received the confirmation, it stated that the lender would fax me the HUD. This morning I received an email with a 21 page attachment. Would you charge an additional fee? If so, what is an acceptable fee? Would I also have to make a copy for the borrower?

Reply by ColleenCA on 7/25/05 12:58pm
Msg #54496

I would call and tell them there will be an additional fee for the 21 extra pages. That fee should be based on what you are being paid for the original agreement. Yes, you will also have to make a copy for the borrower.

Reply by SL/CA on 7/25/05 12:58pm
Msg #54497

Sounds like those are the escrow docs,(could be wrong) but the extra charge is up to you, I guess it depends on your relationship with this company. Regarding the copy for borrower, yes I would immagine they need a copy of what ever it is. You could always call them, and see why all docs were not delivered, and your fee was an overnight fee not edoc fee.. You never know. Good luck

Reply by Dana/CA on 7/25/05 1:08pm
Msg #54499

HELP!!!

I really enjoy working with this company and this is the first time anything like this has happened with them. Normally, I don't accept edocs, so I don't really know if a $25.00 fee for 42 pages is fair to both parties. I don't want this to become a norm either.

Reply by CarolynCO on 7/25/05 1:17pm
Msg #54500

It is not uncommon to receive faxed docs or even emailed documents with overnight packages, and it will be your responsibility to make copies. As for 21 pages, it seems somewhat excessive but ...

You say you have a good relationship with this company. I'd probably call them and ask if they were aware of the number of pages when you agreed to accept the faxed HUD from the lender. Some times, SSs aren't aware -- the same as when there is a piggyback. Bring it to their attention and leave the ball in their park as to whether they throw an additional figure out there. If not, I'd probably just eat the charge and make note on their folder and the next time you see a confirmation where lender is faxing the HUD, etc., then I'd call the SS immediately.

Reply by Dana/CA on 7/25/05 1:26pm
Msg #54502

Thanks for the input! I have emailed the SS service about the docs. I'll just have to see what happens!!

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 7/25/05 1:47pm
Msg #54510

We don't usually charge extra for receiving the HUD and Title affs by fax (or e-mail).
I do a lot of work for LSI, their HUD and Title affs are usually around 23 pages.

Reply by Dana/CA on 7/25/05 5:42pm
Msg #54557

This signing is for LSI, but all affs were sent in the overnight package. I was only waiting for the HUD

Reply by CaliNotary on 7/25/05 7:46pm
Msg #54585

To me it seems ridiculous to charge extra for 21 pages of docs that were emailed to you. Between paper and toner it'll cost you maybe 50 cents to print them out?

I'm not a signing service, but I'd imagine that none of them are very impressed by the signing agents who nickel and dime over every little thing. Why are people so anxious to shoot themselves in the foot just to get a couple of extra dollars in their pocket?

Think of your business over the long term, not just on a per signing basis.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.