Notary Rotary
HELP!
Notary Discussion History

HELP!
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Jennifer Smith on 7/29/05 4:29pm
Msg #55761

HELP!

I am set to do my first loan signing tomorrow. (Cash out refi on a 1st mtg.) I am in the middle of getting my Loan Signing Agent certificate. (This particular company that hired me to do this signing does not care if I have not completed it.) I was a loan officer for 6 years, so I am very familiar with loan docs, and have signed many myself, just never notarized them! My question is......which pages need the notary stamp? The Deed only? Or others? Do I attach an acknowledgment form? Or will the lender have detailed instructions?

Thanks so much!

Reply by bc in ca on 7/29/05 4:43pm
Msg #55765

The number of pages needing notarization varies from loan to loan. Take a deep breath and take time to review the loan documents before you go to the signing. Look for notorial vebiage in the loan docs so you know what needs to be notarized. There is a message that has been posted on this site, a must read for all new notaries which has great advice, unfortunately I can't remember the message number. Hopefully someone else will remember it and recommend it to you. Good Luck! You'll do fine.

Reply by Brian/CA on 7/29/05 4:51pm
Msg #55770

I think you are talking about message 33325

Reply by Anonymous on 7/29/05 5:54pm
Msg #55777

Thank you so much! Someone posted the number for the message you are speaking of, I'll check it out! Have a great weekend!

Reply by Anonymous on 7/29/05 5:54pm
Msg #55778

Thanks! I needed that encouragement. I appreciate it!

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 7/29/05 4:49pm
Msg #55768

take a deep breathSmiley

On- all documents that need notarizing will have a notary certificate on them. (That is the part of the document that has the acknowledgment or jurat verbiage)

If you need help, feel free to give me a call - click on the link for my information.

Reply by Anonymous on 7/29/05 5:53pm
Msg #55776

thanks soooo much! that is so sweet of you!

Reply by Jen CA on 7/30/05 12:58am
Msg #55849

Take the time to look at the documents before you go to the signing and use the tiny flags to mark the pages that have the notary certificates attached.

Reply by kynotary on 7/30/05 11:23am
Msg #55879

Jennifer, are you ashamed of the state that you live in or are you afraid to let everyone know where you live, as I have noticed you here for a while now and you should already know that you should put in the initials for the state you live in so everyone can help you the best they can, based on the state in which you are working from. What state are you working in Jennifer?

Reply by Jennifer Smith on 7/31/05 12:57pm
Msg #56101

Actually, I haven't been on here for ahwile. I signed up last week and two days ago was the first time I ever posted anything. I am in CA. Why would I be ashamed of that or afraid to let everyone know where I live? What odd questions.

Please don't tell me what I "should already know." I am new to this site, and I am sure what I "should know" will come to me in time. And I am sure that most of the notaries on here remember what it was like to be new, and will be kind about it. (You not included, obviously.)

I received some wonderful, KIND and extremely helpful responses to my questions.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.