Notary Rotary
HP3015 - I know this printer has had a number of posts but
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Paul2/FL on 7/2/05 8:51am
Msg #49539

I can't find anything on printing legal and letter size at the same time. I don't believe it is possible but a few posts back PAW mentioned he was going to a fax a test to someone that contained both legal and letter size pages. Just wondering how this person was going to handle these?

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/2/05 9:04am
Msg #49542

Just print on all legal. It does not have dual size handling.

Reply by Paul2_FL on 7/2/05 9:36am
Msg #49545

Hi Brenda!
Yes that's what I've been doing. What do you do if you get a request to print both? Fortunately, to date, I've been able to get away with just printing on legal size paper but sooner or later someone will be adamant about having both.

Reply by LAG-fl on 7/2/05 10:15am
Msg #49547

On my computer I went into settings,printers then right clicked on the printer. Went into properties and then selected my paper source settings this tells the printer where to print legal or letter. It took me while to figure this out. I even called the manufacturer and they said that my printer could not detect this. I knew there had to be a way. Well it does. Also if I get a fax that it double sided my printer/fax will print on both sides. I have a Brother 8840d. But I am sure other printers work in the same way.

Reply by Paul2_FL on 7/2/05 10:57am
Msg #49550

I changed the setting on my HP3015 per LAG-fl's post but don't know if it will work so could someone please fax me a legal size and a letter size (one each should be sufficient) test page to 352-686-3706.
Also, according to the instructions for this printer, the manual tray can only accept 10 pages so if this works, one would have to feed it manually as it prints for anything greater than this number.

TIA

Reply by PAW_Fl on 7/2/05 11:16am
Msg #49554

Re: HP3015 - I know this printer has had a number of posts b

Faxing to you. However, I noticed that it trained at 4800 baud instead of 14,400. Of course, that can be attributed to many different things, including noise phone lines (which is pretty common place between Z-hills and Brooksville).

Reply by Paul2_FL on 7/2/05 11:24am
Msg #49556

Paul,
I got them and it doesn't work! It pulling only from the "manual tray" that I set up with letter size. Thanks for working with me on this. One question though. Do you find that a lot of Lenders/TC's require both?

Reply by PAW_Fl on 7/2/05 11:35am
Msg #49557

Not at this time. (I think I've only run into the "requirement" twice.) However, as technology improves and the cost of doing business is being pared back, I think we will see more and more "requiring" mixed printing to save on the additional recording expenses, and possibly the shipping expenses. Some counties (Pinellas being one) has already gone to "letter only" on all legal documents. Pasco will be following shortly. I don't know about Hernando or Hillsborough. But as these counties make the recording requirement more rigid, so will the lenders and title companies. And, as we all know, stuff flows downhill. We will be the ones who will be forced to provide the documents on the correct sized paper or they will find someone else who can.

I personally prefer to print mixed anyway, as letter paper is cheaper than legal. Even in quantity. And, I prefer to use a higher quality paper than most title companies do, so the cost savings is very measurable.

Reply by Paul2_FL on 7/2/05 11:41am
Msg #49558

Paul,

I'm truly amazed at how you keep up with all of this! You're quite an asset to all of us NotRots(new and old alike)!

Thanks again,
Paul2

Reply by Stamper_WI on 7/2/05 12:01pm
Msg #49559

In my years as a Realtor I noticed that a lot of legal sized Doc's were" downsizing" to Letter.
The Attorney for the State Board of Realtors said that all forms would soon all be letter sized, including those recorded such as Deeds. Now they are!

Reply by PAW_Fl on 7/2/05 10:59am
Msg #49551

You can only print mixed letter/legal if your printer supports two input sources. The HP 3015 does not have that option, so it is either letter or legal. So, in this case, your suggestion would not work for the subject printer.

For mixed printing, I purchased the HP Laserjet 1300 (which is no longer in production, replaced by the 1320*) with a second tray. It works just fine printing mixed letter/legal.

* The base model Laserjet 1320 does not support a second input tray and one cannot be added to the printer. A two tray model is offered by HP, the Laserjet 1320tn.

Reply by Paul2_FL on 7/2/05 11:08am
Msg #49552

Hi Paul,

I agree with what you say but thought I'd give this a try based on what LAG-fl stated. As you know, the HP3015 does in fact have the capability of printing from the Media tray and the Priority (manual) tray. What isn't clear is can the printer detect the difference? Worth a try at least.
I saw your previous post on the 1300 some time ago and, if I find it necessary to have a second tray, I'll probably check out ebay as you suggested.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 7/2/05 11:19am
Msg #49555

I think you will find that the "priority" tray is just an override of the paper in the input tray. That is, there is only one set of pinch feed rollers for input. It normally would pick up from the tray, but if a paper is in the "priority" feed, it won't use the pick-up for the tray, but pull from the "priority" feed.

Reply by Kim_Cali on 7/2/05 2:09pm
Msg #49576

I was able to purchase the HP 3015 on eBay as my first laser printer. It is not capable of distinguishing between letter and legal....so you have to print all legal. Paper trimmer works wonders to create a letter size page if absolutely necessary.

I paid $189.00 +24.00 shipping - $15.00 coupon for the 3015 on eBay (new printer w 1 year warranty). The seller I purchased from is authorized by HP and has a 800 line that you can call them on to ask about specs and particulars on the items they have listed. If you want email me using the email addy in my profile and I will give you their userid on eBay. My experience with them was wonderful and I received the printer via UPS the day following payment.

Kim

Reply by Whats your emal Kim? on 7/2/05 3:03pm
Msg #49583

Reply by Kim_Cali on 7/2/05 4:18pm
Msg #49596

[e-mail address]

Reply by Anon on 7/2/05 11:15am
Msg #49553

Check out the following printer on the HP website as it can be purchased or leased:

hp 4250dtn (Q5403A)

Price: $1,779.00*
Lease for $51/mo.**

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.