Notary Rotary
HUD Question
Notary Discussion History

HUD Question
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Ernest3_FL on 7/2/05 4:36pm
Msg #49598

HUD Question

I had a closing of a husband and wife. About half of the documents had the wife's name on them, including the RTC, TIL, Note and Mortgage; however, the HUD had only the husband's name typed in at the top of page one and had a typed signature line for him only on page three. I did not have the wife sign the HUD. Any experience with this would be appreciated. Should I send out the docs without the wife's signature? Will it kick back? I tried reaching them to add wife to the HUD but can't reach them. TIA

Reply by Rebecca Fiore on 7/2/05 5:29pm
Msg #49610

If the wife was on the loan and signed the note then typically she would sign the HUD as well, if she was not on the loan then she would not have to sign it. It should have had her name on it I would send it as you have it.

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/2/05 6:16pm
Msg #49622

I agreee with Rebecca.

However, when I was newer at this I could not always remember when put on the spot. Several times I would make a copy of the HUD1 and have the non-ob spouse sign the copy. That way I could return the package done correctly either way.

Reply by PA Notary II on 7/5/05 10:23am
Msg #49842

Excellent solution, Brenda. Unless there's an obvious omission, like a spouse who is a vested owner's name not appearing on , say the TIL...I always tell the bwrs to sign everywhere their name appears and sign exactly as it is typed...that way if it is in error, the error will be the fault of whomever generated the docs and not ours. Any problem with my theory?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.