Notary Rotary
Have to Share This Story
Notary Discussion History

Have to Share This Story
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Teasa Mahar on 7/20/05 9:05am
Msg #53313

Have to Share This Story

Attended a close and at the end the customer wanted to know what he owed me and I told him nothing. His sister had closed a few days earlier and her notary requested that since he was running late to please meet him at the service area of the interstate. Not knowing any better they agreed. They waited an hour for him. They didn't have air and had to open windows and I guess got bitten by mosquitos (it has been very hot and humid in our area). When he arrived at service area he directed them to a bar to sign the papers. At the end of close he said they owed him $20 for the notarizations and they gave it to him (must be his drinking $). He also told them he hated his job. Holy Notary Batman.

Reply by ColleenCA on 7/20/05 9:44am
Msg #53322

When I took the notary class, a woman related a similar story minus the drinking. The notary that did her refi told them that they owed him $50.00 for the signing. They paid him and not until the class did she question the fact that he had been in fact paid twice. She was planning on reporting him to the SOS. I wonder if he was fined or if he actually got away with it.

Reply by TinaG_CA on 7/20/05 9:49am
Msg #53325

I can't tell you how many times I've had borrowers pull out their checkbooks/wallets to pay me at the end of a signing. Just had one Friday, the borrowers broker said they had to pay me. I told them no I was being paid by someone else. They were surprised. Although, they are paying me out of their closing costs.

Reply by Magic Lady CA on 7/20/05 9:54am
Msg #53328

Holy Notary is right. I wish there were some way we could begin to police ourselves, someway to run these buggers out of town!!!

Reply by Teasa/NY on 7/20/05 10:35am
Msg #53338

It's funny also as the customer said there were so many bad issues with the loan itself that the sister never reported the notary's actions. Very bad news.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.