Notary Rotary
Have you all been busy this month?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Robbins-NE on 7/21/05 12:54pm
Msg #53611

This has been the slowest month ever for me. I am interested to know if this is how it has been all over the country. Sure wish that my phone would start ringing again. Thanks!

Reply by Sarah Florida on 7/21/05 1:14pm
Msg #53615

Its been busy in florida! Tampa Bay area is booming! I use my down time to sign up with new compaines!

Reply by MistarellaFL on 7/21/05 1:47pm
Msg #53634

Florida is busy busy busy, this has been the craziest 2 days so far this month, I have more than my share here in SW FL. I hope it picks up for you!

Reply by Indiana Notary on 7/21/05 2:04pm
Msg #53640

I'm located in Indiana. I"ve gotten lot's of calls about closings, but have only accepted 2. Most of the companies are only wanting to pay $50. I value my time more than that. I feel that my average time for a signing, from contacting borrower, printing docs, going to borrowers home, and taking docs to delivery service is about 3 hours. That means if I take a $50 signing, I'm making less than $17 / hour and that's before taxes are taken into consideration. No thanks, I'll go play golf or ride my motorcycle.

JMHO

Reply by JPS_CA on 7/21/05 2:16pm
Msg #53646

I wanted to do the same as you but I dont know to play golf and I dont own a motorcycle. But I rather stay home than get 50.00 a signing.

Reply by Mike/NJ on 7/21/05 2:30pm
Msg #53652

My projections for July are down 25% as compared to last month.

Reply by PA Notary II on 7/21/05 5:26pm
Msg #53719

JMHO....I think it's a regional thing. Naturally, FL will have volume due to storm damage. Overall, I think this business, in general, is in deep decline. The 4.75% rates from the last 18 months have caught up with the industry. The only thing left are those who must re-fi to pay back taxes and/or excessive debt (bless their soul) I did one today that had 2 yrs. taxes past due and this yrs. NOW due. In addition, LO's are complaining about the 'do not call' lists. One told me his conversion ratio was 10 to 15% BEFORE the DNC law and now he's lucky if it's 5%. All this PLUS newbies looking to get rich....then finding out that they've got to work for $30. $40. $50 a pop. Where's it all gonna end ??

Reply by CarolynCO on 7/21/05 5:35pm
Msg #53723

**then finding out that they've got to work for $30. $40. $50 a pop.**

Newbies or *anyone* for that matter, don't got to work for anything less than $50.

Reply by Grammy824/NC on 7/21/05 10:10pm
Msg #53777

I was quite busy in June, but have not been called for any signings this month. Sure hope it picks up!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.