Notary Rotary
Help
Notary Discussion History

Help
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Ma-TN on 7/28/05 6:42am
Msg #55295

Help

When you are do a signing for only 1 of 2 borrowers (one is out of state) do you mark out the name on the one that is not there? I have to forward package to another notary in a different state when I am done.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 7/28/05 7:06am
Msg #55296

The only place you will mark out the one name is on the notary certificate. Make sure you are only notarizing the name of the person who you are doing the signing for. If you are writing in the name on the certificate put "Only" after the name.

Reply by Ma-TN on 7/28/05 7:08am
Msg #55297

I will be dealing with the husband so on all papers that have to be notarized I mark the wife's name out?

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 7/28/05 7:19am
Msg #55300

Only on the notary certificates! Leave her name on the documents and on the signature lines, as she does have to sign. The next notary will notarize her signature after she has signed (they will attach a loose certificate for her)

Reply by Ma-TN on 7/28/05 7:21am
Msg #55301

Sylvia

I don't know what we would do without you. Thank you so much.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 7/28/05 7:26am
Msg #55303

Re: Sylvia

I am always happy to help, but if I weren't here there are lots of other experienced signing agents (Paul, Brenda etc) that could answer your questionsSmiley

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.