Notary Rotary
Help! credible witnesses
Notary Discussion History

Help! credible witnesses
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by notaryinCA on 7/30/05 5:25pm
Msg #55969

Help! credible witnesses

I have two credibile witnesses. I know they sign my journal, but I do have to fill out an acknowlegement for them as well? Where in the journal do they sign? do they sign on a separate line from the borrower or in place of the borrower?

Reply by kynotary on 7/30/05 5:29pm
Msg #55971

I am not in cal, but I personally would use a seperate line for each witness, this way you can input their information into your book without crowding everything on the one line, if you could even get it all on the one line.

Just my 8 cents worth!

Reply by MB/CA on 7/30/05 6:23pm
Msg #55982

I have "California All-Purpose Certificate of Acknowlegement" with a space to put the names of the credible witnesses on. I believe though that you just have to get their DL number, date of expiration, addresses, swear them in that they know this person personally (and put that in the Journal) and have them put their signatures in the Journal. I think that's right?

Reply by TitleGalCA on 7/30/05 7:23pm
Msg #55998

That's how I did it in a similar signing. (I called the SOS first for instructions). I listed them first in my journal, as credible witness for "Jane Doe", swore them in, took the information you listed here, had them sign my journal, thumbprint included. After both those entries, I also had an entry for Jane Doe and her signature. I did not show the credible witness' on the acknowledgement, however, they were there for ID purposes only and I used the preprinted acknowledgement in the document, not a loose certificate.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 7/30/05 7:25pm
Msg #55999

and swore them in also...forgot to add that.... ~n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.