Notary Rotary
Help with forms, please!
Notary Discussion History

Help with forms, please!
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Toni(NY) on 7/31/05 8:07am
Msg #56063

Help with forms, please!

I have a few forms that I am not sure about and would really appreciate some help!:

1. An ID form from National City Bank of Indiana that has the heading Loan Officer/Settlement Agent to Complete. But it's the only ID page in the packet, so I used the borrowers ID to fill it out, even though I am not either. However, the bottom of the form wants the Loan officer/Settlemetn Agent to sign (like most regular ID forms)...should I sign since I filled it out?

2. I have a form called confirmation of Closing - There is a box to check off if the loan closed or not, then on the bottom it asks for the closing agent to sign? I don't usually sign on the closing agent line, but I would be the only one to know if the loan closed within 24 hours, so should I sign?

My contact is not in until tomorrow, so I'd love to hear from anyone familiar with these forms.

Thanks!
Toni

Reply by JPS_CA on 7/31/05 8:15am
Msg #56065

Remember you are not the settlement agent, we are just the signing agents, so if the form is asking to id the borrowers, just fill out the borrowers info and if it says sign the "settlement agent"'
just cross it out and write signing agent there.

Reply by hpaterrov on 7/31/05 12:18pm
Msg #56100

You should contact the loan officer /settlement agent. As notary signing agent, you are not suppose to fill out any document unless relates to you.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.