Notary Rotary
Here we go again...
Notary Discussion History

Here we go again...
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Charm_AL on 7/11/05 8:09am
Msg #50917

Here we go again...

I hope you all got thru the storms yesterday and last nite, it was really windy and a tree down across the street and we're upstate!

I think it's going to be a horrendous hurricane season with these hitting so early...prepare for Ms. Emily :(

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at5+shtml/025038.shtml?5day?large

Reply by CarolynCO on 7/11/05 9:39am
Msg #50925

Our fire season has kicked into gear. One fire is now over 8,000 acres so far.

Reply by Tulsa_prlgl on 7/11/05 10:52am
Msg #50940

Carolyn~

I thought of you the other day. I hope you arent affected by the current forrest fires. I am from Red River, NM and was talking to a friend from there and we were of course talking about the fire season-and trying to map out her driving route-around the fires! lol. On top of your 30 miles up and over a mountain (I giggle because I remember our drive to school out of the ski valley taking over an hour during winter months) you now have to contend with the fires!

Our tornado season is over (for now-I dont think it really ever ends) but during peak season, I let the schedulers know if that particular county/city is under a tornado watch and if it is raised to a warning, the closing appointment will be pushed back until it is expired. I actually was at a signing in May when the sirens went off. The dear old couple put me(and the documents!),them, and the 5 cats down in their storm shelter to wait it out. It luckily missed us, and the cats and I were very acquainted at the end of it!

If it is not one thing, it is another!

Reply by CarolynCO on 7/11/05 12:34pm
Msg #50957

Thanks for asking. This current fire is not affecting me yet -- it's in the southern part of Colorado. The heat, wind and dry weather are fueling it. They are sure it was set by dry lightning. About three years ago a fire got less than one mile from the cabin -- way too close. The forest service began last year, and are continuing this year, to thin the trees in the forest surrounding our cabin. So so far this summer, we have only the beavers to contend with.

Reply by Charm_AL on 7/11/05 1:46pm
Msg #50991

ouch Carolyn...hope everything stays OK for you. We're supposed to be headed down to Gulf Shores next Monday for a week. I'm a little nervous about the three systems off Africa right now. My hubby is a severe weather nut, I'm a sissy when it comes to T-storms

Reply by CarolynCO on 7/11/05 2:51pm
Msg #51011

I hope Mother Nature will cooperate for your trip next week.

So far we are OK. Our best friends in the summer are the hot shotter fire fighters.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.