Hey TitleGal - how long you been a TO? n/m
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Dana/CA on 7/8/05 10:56pm
Msg #50693

Hey TitleGal - how long you been a TO? n/m

Reply by TitleGalCA on 7/8/05 11:00pm
Msg #50695

Give or take 20, about 22 Smiley

Not always in this county however...most of my "time" was spent in San Berdo.

Reply by Dana/CA on 7/8/05 11:16pm
Msg #50698

I was a TO for 13+ years before going to work for the state.

Reply by Dana/CA on 7/8/05 11:20pm
Msg #50699

Re: I was a TO for 13+ years before going to work for the state.

I worked in Yuba, Sutter, Placer, and Sacramento Counties. I really miss the title work - I now work part-time for a local title company with pres/policy writeups on a intermittent basis.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 7/8/05 11:22pm
Msg #50701

So..how goes it for you, friend?

It crossed my mind many times...I'm an experienced DRE processor as well, and thought about the state of CA many times.

My SBC email is down tonight, but would love to share/chat if you'd like! Nice to have a friend in this biz - and would love to hear from you Dana Smiley

Reply by Dana/CA on 7/8/05 11:27pm
Msg #50703

Re: So..how goes it for you, friend?

I work for the CA Lottery in Human Resources now, but I have been offered jobs as a TO and an Office Manager for a local title company here. I really, really miss the work, however, the State has a wonderful retirement plan. It can be very complicated to get into the state. If you ever want to take the challenge - I could help you through the state maze of exams, etc. My email is [e-mail address] - would love to chat also.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 7/8/05 11:53pm
Msg #50710

Girlfriend, love it that you have a great plan with the State! But you know that 'rollovers' work in every profession.

I was just chatting with a co-worker yesterday that there's no one to "fill the shoes" so to speak in finding folks with experience working for a title company - the oldies can't seem to share the knowlege with the newbies. You know already that working for a TC is a lot challenging and a bit dull - all at the same time - we're a strange breed, but that's okay. I love my job, truly. In the same breathe, I'm laying some groundwork for retiring in being a NSA (and it does help make that car payment).

My message to you? We need you! Don't blow away your experience for a cush job with the state - you may be able to use your skills where they are SO needed.

Regardless, I'm keeping that email addy and lets talk some more Smiley Have a good weekend Dana Smiley

Reply by Dana/CA on 7/9/05 12:01am
Msg #50712

I really do miss the title business and wish I could have my cake (TO) and eat it too (State). You also have a wonderful weekend. ;)

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.