Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
How Do Y'All Ask the Right Question to Determine...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Sara-NV on 7/7/05 5:10pm
Msg #50375

if all signators to the loan package will be present? When I call to confirm appointment, locations, etc. I'll ask "Is there a co-borrower on this loan and will that/those person(s) be present as well?"

During the past two days I've had two instances where the loan packages have been sent directly to the borrower and the borrower has believed that they are the only signer to the paperwork, yet when I get to the signing table with them, I've discovered there's (1) a non-borrowing spouse and (2) a non-borrowing parent. In the case with the non-borrowing parent, "mama" had to be called at work and leave her job to come sign the dox. In this case, the borrower believed that since her mother wasn't "on the loan" that her mother didn't need to sign any paperwork (and apparently was told by the L.O. that mother didn't need to sign).

So, instead of asking "Will all borrowers be present for this signing," what's a better way to ask? TIA.

Reply by Tina G - Cali on 7/7/05 5:42pm
Msg #50380

I always ask the SS or whoever I'm doing the signing for. I know what type of signing (i.e. refi, sale, purchase), how many sets of docs and how many borrowers. It's important to know prior to calling the borrowers and it also helps with scheduling your day. The title company should know who should be signing docs.

Reply by When I call to confirm... on 7/7/05 7:28pm
Msg #50397

I ALWAYS ask the person who's name I have on my order, "Is there anyone else on TITLE on the property?" They may or may not be a Borrower. Then I ask if they will be present at the signing. CYA!

Reply by Sara-NV on 7/7/05 10:35pm
Msg #50460

Oh thank you 'When I Call to Confirm!' This is exactly what I was needing! Now I can't wait to use it! Thanks again.

Reply by Joan-OH on 7/8/05 12:05am
Msg #50487

Ohio is a dower state, so spouses ALWAYS sign. When I am only given one name on the confirmation, I always say in my confirmation call, right after I tell them the ID requirements, "If you are married, your spouse will need to be there to sign a few documents" Sure beats "are you married?" sounding like I'm hitting on them. Now, this doesn't help at all with a parent being on title, but if that is the case, the loan officer should have gone over that with the borrowers.

Joan-OH

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.