Notary Rotary
How late will youy set an appt for?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Natalie Brobst on 7/26/05 5:33pm
Msg #54870

How late is too late to be out there going to someone's house you don't know? Maybe it's just me who thinks past 10pm is asking a bit much. Please let me know how late you book appointments. THANKS!

Reply by Ernest_CT on 7/26/05 5:51pm
Msg #54875

It is probably different for a male and female.

I am a 24/7 Notary Signing Agent. I have begun signings from 7:30 AM throuh 11:45 PM. You might not be comfortable doing so, but I have booked appontments for 2-3 AM because a long-haul trucker was going to be in my area.

Remember, the borrowers want their loan. We want our fee. The borrowers are not likely to do anything totally weird ... umm ... considering some of the previous posts here, maybe I should not complete that sentence.

Reply by Merry_CA on 7/26/05 6:21pm
Msg #54889

Re: It is probably different for a male and female.

This is a question that has been on my mind a lot lately. I have been asked to go out on many signings lately that are late at night and in neighborhoods that are pretty "sketchy" during the day! I have been turning down most of these (and some paid very well).

The idea of creating a network of NSA's in this area of CA seems like a very good idea (I may go to work on this myself).

Many of the signings that I have turned down would hot have phased a big strapping man... (with a Pitbull!)

Reply by TitleGalCA on 7/26/05 6:23pm
Msg #54891

Merry, where are you? N/M

Reply by Merry_CA on 7/26/05 7:02pm
Msg #54908

Re: Merry, where are you? N/M

TG!...

I am in the NE SF Bay Area. Benicia, CA to be specific.

Where are you? Smiley

Reply by TitleGalCA on 7/26/05 7:16pm
Msg #54910

Re: Merry, where are you? N/M

Ventura, on the coast - 60 miles north of LA, but below Santa Barbara.

You mentioned a 'network' of notaries (for CA) and I'm pretty impressed with what Brenda has put together in TX and the value of that network to not only the notaries but the clients...I think it's a great idea.

However....Texas is such a small state....compared to California....I don't know if it would work here......

;)

Reply by Serina/VT on 7/26/05 8:06pm
Msg #54919

Totally different reason I don't go out late

Where I am in the boonies of VT one county I service has 10 ppl per square mile, no cell service and 1200 lb moose wandering the roads at night. A young woman was just this past week severly injured and will most likely die from her moose collision.

Reply by Dorothy/MI on 7/26/05 9:31pm
Msg #54939

Merry, one of my associates does a lot of Detroit City signings. She found a Holiday Inn just across the border (in a pretty nice area) that has a large area right off the lobby with many round tables and chairs. The parking lot is well lit and they have a security guard in the lobby. She many times, particularly at night asks the borrowers to meet her there. Most seem to prefer it to having a stranger come into their home late at night. She calls that hotel her "Detroit Office". Maybe you could find a similar location in your area.

Reply by Natalie Brobst on 7/26/05 10:42pm
Msg #54951

Thanks for the replies!

Reply by CaliNotary on 7/27/05 1:19am
Msg #54990

I've spent WAY more time in South Central LA doing this job than I ever thought I would (I"m a suburban white boy). Just did an 8:30 pm signing down there tonight.

Can't say that it's my favorite place to go, but in all the times I've been down there I've never encountered anything remotely scary. The vast majority of people are just like those in any neighborhood, just living their lives peacefully. And one thing I've learned from this job, covering areas from Compton and Watts to Pacific Palisades and Beverly Hills, people are essentially the same. But there are definitely some sheepf***ing wierdos out there too.

Ultimately I figure stuff can happen anywhere. Ron Goldman was murdered by OJ in Brentwood, I had a next door neighbor in a very nice city about 10 years ago who was murdered by her husband. When it's my time to go, it's my time to go and I'm not gonna live in fear about it.

But at the same time, I'm not gonna pull up next to a bunch of thuggish looking guys and ask for directions either Smiley.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.