Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
How to Copy Drivers License at signing!!!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Martha_AZ on 7/23/05 10:39am
Msg #54102

Since many of my appts have been last minute signings, the borrowers don't have copies of their drivers license. Most SS/TC require them so I've been taking my digital camera and taking pics of the ID's. Copy quality isn't very good, tho. Would like to have some suggestions on how others are handling this.....thanks.

Reply by Donna_CA on 7/23/05 10:57am
Msg #54107

So far my borrowers have either had a copy machine in the home or have sent a family member out to make the copies during our signing. Maybe I've just been luck so far.

Reply by Martha_AZ on 7/23/05 10:58am
Msg #54108

Never mind found other discussions regarding ID copying -n/m

Reply by Anonymous on 7/23/05 11:31am
Msg #54113

I take my digital camera. Take a picture of it. And then copy it to put in the file when I get back in my office. Works great !

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/23/05 4:44pm
Msg #54175

But, should you keep a copy?? If so, why? nm

Reply by Jimmy_FL on 7/23/05 1:42pm
Msg #54138

I have a copy machine in my car and I can make a copy of there license. It only cost me $150..00 and I can also fax with it. I use this for loan signings and my courier work. It comes in very handy...

Reply by jojo_mn on 7/23/05 1:44pm
Msg #54139

Where did you get the copier? Does it plug into the cigarette lighter and how can you fax from the car? It would definately make life a lot easier!! TIA

Reply by PAW_Fl on 7/23/05 1:51pm
Msg #54140

Re: How to Copy Drivers License at signing!!! I don't!!!!

I have no need to carry around any extra equipment. The borrowers are told enough in advance, at least by me when I confirm the appointment, to get copies of their ID's. If they still "forget", I provide them with the fax number of the title company processing the paperwork. And on the piece of paper with that number, it states "Your loan may be delayed or denied if a legible copy of your identification is not received by __________________________."

I don't know of any loan that has actually been denied because of the failure of the borrowers, but if they are serious about the process, then they will comply, and just about always do.

Reply by Melody on 7/23/05 7:25pm
Msg #54186

Paul is right. ~n/m

Reply by CarolynCO on 7/23/05 3:35pm
Msg #54158

I don't care if the signings are last minute. I still call and advise borrowers of the time I'm coming and tell them they will need to make a copy of their licenses. Grocery stores, office supply stores, Kinkos, etc. all have copy machines. Some people have home faxes/scanners and the ability to copy.

IT IS NOT MY RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE A COPY OF THEIR LICENSE IF THEY FORGOT OR IF THEY DON'T HAVE TIME. If I have time to come home and print/copy loan docs, they have time to get copies of their license if they want their loan to go through and not be held up.

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/23/05 4:43pm
Msg #54174

Get them to provide the copy if possible. I do things differently than others. I use a camera.

I respect the opinion of the other posters who don't utilize a digital camera to make sure to have a copy when one is required. I carry my digital camera in my bag and it has a close up lens.

With the bwrs' permission, I take a picture of it and print it to send back with the package. I delete it afterwards.

It saves me from carrying forms to have them note they have to fax the copy in, it cuts down on my paperwork. This is my way...and it works for me.

I never miss having a copy of it if one is needed.

I never have to look up a fax number or write a note regarding the problem of no ID copy.

I would rather not have more paperwork with me, or to file, or documentation to do on this issue so I have a CYA record that they have been advised of the problem if they don't fax it in; and I don't like having to discuss the problem of no ID with them.

Click click and my ID problem is taken care of.

This is the way I choose to do this.

Others' reasons for doing things their way works for them and that's why they do it.

BEWARE: some lenders state NOT to ask for a copy.

JMHO.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 7/23/05 8:57pm
Msg #54192

Geez, Louise, it's only one piece of paper!! Smiley

And I'd bet I can whip out that one piece of paper and nail it on the table quicker than you can get out your camera and click, click.

But, to each his (or her) own. What works for one doesn't mean it works for every-one!

P.S. - How much does your camera weigh? I'll bet my piece of paper is lighter. <gr&d>

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/23/05 9:13pm
Msg #54195

Paul,

My camera is very heavy. But I hate paper. I hate keeping up with paper.

Paper drives me out of my bleeping mind.

I keep I won't go to the gym, but I do lift my bag more than I have to just to make my upper arms firmer. Several years ago I learned that a heavy bag toted from the car to the door of my office worked wonders for my arms.

For more common sense ideas on how to keep your girlish figure, Paul,...oh yes, along with laughing your head off...

http://www.shovelglove.com/

Reply by PAW_Fl on 7/23/05 9:20pm
Msg #54198

Laughter is such good exercise.

http://www.latterklub.dk/htm/artikel_%20health_benefits_of_laughter_therapy.htm

That is a great page. Thank you.

Reply by thnotary_NY on 7/24/05 6:45am
Msg #54220

Interesting.! I found that if you look at the clips for the first 30 or so and then hit the back button repeating slowly, you'll get the motion, as in a slow motion slide flim. Great stuff.!!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.