Notary Rotary
I HAVE A QUESTION ????????
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by ESPY on 7/1/05 6:49pm
Msg #49446

I HAVE A CLIENT WHOM NEEDS SOME NOTARICATIONS DONE IN THEY'RE FATHERS BEHALF AM I ALLOWED TO GO THRU WITH THE NOTARIZATION? THEY HAVE THEY'RE FATHERS ID AND I HAVE SPOKEN WITH THEY'RE FATHER... WHAT SO I DO???

Reply by CaliNotary on 7/1/05 7:12pm
Msg #49450

Sure, go for it. Just be sure to adjust the notarizal wording to state that his father's ID personally appeared in front of you. And make sure that the son does a halfway decent job of forging his father's signature on the document. Perhaps you could practice the signature as well, and whichever one of you does a better job can actually sign the document.

Reply by He/She will do it!!!! on 7/1/05 7:14pm
Msg #49451

Re: I HAVE A QUESTION ????????

Reply by ESPY on 7/1/05 7:20pm
Msg #49455

THANK YOU SOO MUCH I WAS SURE THAT I COULD BUT WANTED TO DOUBLE CHECK ITS MY FIRST NOTARIZATION

Reply by Stephanie_CA on 7/1/05 10:55pm
Msg #49501

Re: I HAVE A QUESTION ????????ESPY....

Read the Notary Law of your state, since you are new, many of your questions will be answered in your state's Notary Law.

Reply by Jenni on 7/1/05 7:34pm
Msg #49459

CaliNotary, does your response make you a party to th Crime

Are you both going share the same jail cell?

Reply by CaliNotary on 7/1/05 8:57pm
Msg #49476

Re: CaliNotary, does your response make you a party to th Cr

I get the top bunk if we do!

Reply by Jenni on 7/2/05 1:03am
Msg #49519

Re: CaliNotary, does your response make you a party to th Cr

That's fine with me.

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/1/05 9:30pm
Msg #49483

Re: CaliNotary, does your response make you a party to th Crime

**Are you both going share the same jail cell?**

One notary is not responsible for teaching another.

I swore an oath when I got my commission to do the right notary "stuff." Well...you have to read up on it before you know whether or not you'll swear to uphold it. Once upon a time that was enough to impress upon the notary that they needed to pay attention.

But now, most of the time it is lost on the notary that they are public servants with their "job manual" set forth in the laws of their state. Not my problem, not Cali's, not anyone's but theirs...if they get caught. (Oh yeah, and the public, too.)

If a notary is indifferent enough to get answers about their rules/laws from a forum...or indifferent enough to not know why I am saying this, they might as well go to Hobby Lobby and pick up a stamp art kit and go have a ball decorating documents.

Jenni, the post is bogus...

Reply by Stephanie_CA on 7/1/05 10:53pm
Msg #49499

Re: CaliNotary, does your response make you a Jenni

With all due respect, If ESPY, as a Notary does not know the answer to his question, should he even be a Notary Public?

Cali was being fecicious (sp?), it does not in any way make him a partner in crime.

Reply by Jenni on 7/2/05 2:06am
Msg #49526

Re: CaliNotary, does your response make you a Jenni

I realize Cali was being, fecicious. It was all I could do to type after reading her/his comments. But sometimes people really amaze me with their questions. Some of the questions I get from new notaries that I know. I wonder how that certain thing could cconfuse them.

Reply by Stephanie_CA on 7/1/05 10:50pm
Msg #49498

Re: I HAVE A QUESTION ????????laughing at Cali's response

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 7/1/05 8:10pm
Msg #49465

Sure - go ahead with it if you want to lose your commission.

The signer - the person whose signature you are notarizing must be in front of you! You have to positively identify the signer.

Reply by Jon on 7/1/05 11:05pm
Msg #49506

If you know the client or know someone who knows the client, you can use the subscribing witness as outlined in statute. Of course, this is a Ca law, so it may not apply to you.

Reply by Jon on 7/1/05 11:08pm
Msg #49507

Forgot to say that the above answer only applies to one type of certificate. You'll have to do the research to figure out which one. Smiley

Reply by JASON on 7/2/05 10:44am
Msg #49549

You have to wonder if this is a joke? There are some dumb people in this world, but this takes the cake. This has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. I mean this is just basic common sense, that even a child would understand. All I can say if he/she does it, I hope they realize they are risking everything they own including their freedom.

Reply by Mistarella on 7/2/05 3:26pm
Msg #49588

no no no no

You are an impartial witness to the signature, and the signer must be present and his ID must be verified. Read your state manual and learn, ESPY. And continue asking questions, no matter the teasing you'll get over this one.

Reply by Anon on 7/2/05 9:21pm
Msg #49647

Re: no no no no

Good for you.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.