Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
In response to yesterdays post regarding the naked notary...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by jb/CA on 7/28/05 4:15pm
Msg #55403

I guess the NNA might think he was over advertising according to the message below.....

Can You Go Too far When Advertising Your Services?

SITUATION: Lately, you've been noticing that other Notaries are advertising their services in the newspaper and in the Yellow Pages. Wanting to increase your business, you decide to do the same. But to separate yourselves from the other ads, you decide to publish a statement guaranteed to attract attention; something like, "I Guarantee The Lowest Prices You've Ever Seen Or I'll Shave My Head!" or, "I Will Notarize Anywhere At Any Hour In A Clown Suit!" Is that OK?

ANSWER: Although it is not illegal, the National Notary Association strongly recommends that you refrain from using outrageous slogans or statements, because such acts lower the dignity of the Notary Public Office. Article I-D-I of the NNA's Notary Public Code Of Professional Responsibility states that Notaries "shall not advertise notarial services in an undignified or excessively commercial manner." Bizarre statements in a notarial ad treat the Notary office in such a manner and should be avoided.

Reply by patricia on 7/28/05 10:57pm
Msg #55520

I definately thing the "naked notary" is lowering the dignity of our position. I noticed today in the NNA newsletter they mentioned the "naked notary" but seemed to find it funny.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.