Notary Rotary
Junk Docs et al
Notary Discussion History

Junk Docs et al
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Paul2_FL on 7/30/05 10:00pm
Msg #56023

Junk Docs et al

This is a subject that's been bothering me for some time but just never got around to asking anybody. How do you handle misc. junk docs and/or docs that pertain to the Closing Agent that do not require the borrower(s) signature?
To date, I have been letting the borrower(s) view everything in the package regardless of what it is. This, of course is very time consuming should the borrower(s) decide he/she/they want to read what it is.
I generally try to get through these documents quickly by explaining their purpose and why the borrower(s) signature(s) is/are not required. Unfortunately, some borrower(s) think you might be trying to "pull a fast one' and want to check everything. (I do explain to the borrower(s) that I am leaving he/she/them a complete set of docs to peruse during the RTC. This sometimes works but not always.)
Do any of you set aside these docs from the package and only present to the borrower(s) what is pertinent to the signing process?

Reply by Brijoe_WA on 7/30/05 10:03pm
Msg #56025

I just do my part with the particular doc. and set it aside, if it doesnt pertain to the Borrower I dont bother going over it with them. I have been doing this a long time and have never had the Borrower question it.

Reply by jason_AL on 7/30/05 10:06pm
Msg #56028

I only go over the docs that need to be signed by the borrower, I set aside the other docs, and move forward. I've never had a problem.

Reply by Paul2_FL on 7/30/05 10:18pm
Msg #56033

I should have mentioned that going over the entire package at the signing does offer one advantage in that it allows me to make sure I don't miss anything. I'm not sure if this outweights the extra time it takes.
Have any of you ever put aside a document that was pertinent to the signing that you thought was a junk doc?

Reply by PAW_Fl on 7/30/05 10:36pm
Msg #56038

I always tell the borrowers that they'll get a copy of everything they're signing, and possibly more. Things like the closing instructions need to be read over as the borrower may need to sign one of the pages. Other than that, I don't include any "junk" docs that don't pertain to the borrowers. When I print the packages, they get -everything-. I don't have the time nor the inclination to remove the escrow and title junk from their package.

Reply by NY_TaxLady on 7/30/05 10:46pm
Msg #56039

Junk Docs

I go through the doc with the borrower and let them know when there is an important page to look at like the HUD and how the number work.This way they are comfortable and I don't miss a page. Most of them are only to happy to sign and get it over with.

Reply by Donna_CA on 8/1/05 1:09pm
Msg #56180

Just have them review the docs they need to see. So far so good. Lately the borrowers have been happy with point and sign method. Very little explanations other than the usual ones have been necessary. Last 5 signings have all been an hour or less. I know as I say this, that it won't last.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.