Notary Rotary
Jurat after the fact.
Notary Discussion History

Jurat after the fact.
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Jenni on 7/1/05 5:41pm
Msg #49436

Jurat after the fact.

Anybody else getting a phone call from SS saying that Countrywide is now requiring a Jurat to go along with an Ack for the DOT and would I please send one. Was not in the package.

Reply by SamIam_CA on 7/1/05 5:52pm
Msg #49437

For what state? I did two Countrywide's on Wednesday - both had only the DOT notarized - no other docs had notary certificates.

Also looking thru my journal - have never done a jurat on a DOT. Isn't the DOT more of a statement by the lender to the county that the bank has a lien on your house and you're agreeing to that fact?

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 7/1/05 7:05pm
Msg #49449

Are they asking you to send one in to be attatched to a doc? If that's the case my answer would be no.

Reply by Jenni/CA on 7/1/05 7:30pm
Msg #49458

I agree, I didn't have it in the package and I haven't given an oath for that document, borrowers did't signed that I did a jurat for them in my journal. They arn't getting it mailed to them.

Sam the package is going to Texas and the person who called me was in TX.
I also did another one today and there was no Jurat in this package.

Reply by Sam on 7/1/05 8:10pm
Msg #49464

Good for you - don't give it to them. No oath = no jurat!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.