Notary Rotary
Just Point and Sign - CACE Book and Exam
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Magic Lady CA on 7/28/05 11:32am
Msg #55340

Does anyone know about these guys? They are selling a book and CD ($200!) and an exam ($50) with certifications. I read an on-line excerpt of the book, pretty standard stuff any signing agent should know. Has anyone herard of them or taken the exam? Is it worth it?

Reply by Roger/OH on 7/28/05 11:55am
Msg #55342

I can't speak to the exam, but Victoria Rivera's book and video are pretty universally lauded as one of the best resources out there. Another very good resource is the training manual available from The Signing Registry, which also has a mentor program.

Reply by Charm_AL on 7/28/05 11:58am
Msg #55343

I got an e-mail from 50 state...she has a new book out on the secrets of marketing. In the first excerpt she really slams message chat boards

Reply by Brian/CA on 7/28/05 12:20pm
Msg #55345

Are you talking about Victoria Ring, not Victoria Rivera. Victoria Rivera wrote Just Point and Sign.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 7/28/05 12:21pm
Msg #55346

Please don't confuse the two VRs!

Victoria Ring is the ... umm ... what's the expression I'm looking for here? ... one to AVOID! She gives notary advice which is plain _wrong_!

Victoria Rivera is reliable, according to the reports I've seen.

Reply by oldhippie_IL on 7/28/05 12:26pm
Msg #55347

Re: Please don't confuse the two VRs!

Doesn't Victoria Ring own 50 State Notary?

Reply by Bob-Chicago on 7/28/05 12:40pm
Msg #55352

Re: Please don't confuse the two VRs! BUT

VRing seems to have seen the light
I had a brief conversation with her at the NNA and suggested that while her marketing info was pretty good, she had a lot to learn about NSA form and proceedures.
I suggested that she look into The Signing Registry ( I am a member) and Just Point and Sign (Both excellent sources of NSA info
Either from my suggestioin or by other means, (does not matter so long as she did it),
she has contacted Victoria Rivera (a friend of mine) who is going to be on V Ring's conference call tonight .
V Ring is also promoting JP&S on her newletter and website
VRIng is also working with Gerri Pierre-Flourimond.(also a friend of mine), an expert in Notary and NSA training

Reply by Jenny/CA on 7/28/05 12:55pm
Msg #55356

Re: Point and Sign DVD

After reading this board , although a bit too late, I learned I should not ask for ride alongs. I purchased the package wich included a DVD of a signing taking place. Albeit signings will vary and will all not be a piece a cake this helped to see how one takes place.

Reply by Jen in Calif. on 7/28/05 12:59pm
Msg #55359

I have never seen a DVD that actually show a sing taking place. Does anyone know where I could get a copy.

Reply by Jenny/CA on 7/28/05 1:02pm
Msg #55360

www.justpointandsign.net

Reply by Jenny/CA on 7/28/05 1:32pm
Msg #55367

meant : piece of cake

Reply by TitleGalCA on 7/28/05 1:49pm
Msg #55368

Jenny, would you email me please? ([e-mail address]) I have a question about the value of this pkg. Thx for your time.

Reply by Magic Lady CA on 7/28/05 2:40pm
Msg #55383

I, too, question the value of their package. I am wondering what book could possibly be worth $200. I reviewed the book on-line and didn't see anything of that value. My e-mail address is: [e-mail address] Thanks

Reply by Jenny/CA on 7/28/05 5:46pm
Msg #55425

Re: Title Gal & Magic Lady

Not sure what you want to know. Keep in mind that I did not have any experience with documents, nor anyone in my area to ask for help. I read all the recommended threads here, started reading from the very beginning and have used the Search button quite a bit. I was unable to open the document links that BrendaTX recommended (read her website too).

The book contains samples of loan documents. Notarized documents and non-notarized documents. She mentions wich points to highlight and gives an informal description of each document. On the Samples she actually highlights with yellow or green pertinent info.

She also includes additional tips in the back of the book.

Reply by Margaret_FL on 11/18/05 11:20am
Msg #77406

I purchased the Just Point and Sign DVD. I have been doing this for 4 years. She has the borrowers initial every page of the loan package, even pages they sign?????. I have been told by many title companies that they only want pages initialed that are marked, not every page. She also explains too much in my opinion, she explains every paragraph and what each paragraph means, The borrowers hardly say anything like most borrowers, this appears to be a staged signing not an actual signing. The DVD is 34 min and after doing this for 4 years, I do not feel that a new person could learn that much. No it is not worth the money and I can't see where any book is worth $200

Reply by Roger/OH on 7/28/05 1:08pm
Msg #55363

Re: Please don't confuse the two VRs - like night and day!

I'm not quite as convinced as my good friend Bob about Ms. Ring's epiphany, but time will tell.
She has, however, removed any references to NNA from her site. She used to proudly tout her "NNA Affiliate Member" logo and status, and refer her subscribers to them for everything,
but now she has even removed her link to their website! NNA messed with her big time at the conference, and she is apparently striking back!

Her advice has often been misleading and/or downright erroneous, as many here have frequently noted. She eschews message boards as "just gossip" (probably due to the many negative comments about her, which she didn't have an answer for), yet her not utilizing them as a resource them is ignoring reality and a wealth of good information she could pass on. She notes on her site that she JUST discovered Victoria Rivera as a resource, when she, of course, has been around for ages, and is an NSA icon whom any regular reader would be familiar with. She also didn't know WV was an attorney state, what the witness states are, or that having an EIN is preferable to giving out one's SSN to companies. Telling readers to avoid boards because of HER negative experience is vindictive, impractical, and narrow-minded. She may be good at marketing, but she sure has a lot to learn about the real world of NSAs and their daily adventures. Take Victoria Ring with a giant shaker of salt, not just a grain.

Reply by Magic Lady CA on 7/28/05 1:05pm
Msg #55361

Thanks so much for the information. I, too, was getting the two Victoria's confused. This straightened me out................

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.