Notary Rotary
Loan Closers.com
Notary Discussion History

Loan Closers.com
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by CalGal on 7/12/05 1:30am
Msg #51146

Loan Closers.com

Has any one out there done signings for Loan Closers.com.? I have done a few Ditech loan signings for them and think that they are rather high maintenance. Almost not worth the while for $50. I had to fax back 24 documents and notarize 8. They check your work then call you to correct, then you have to fax back again and wait until they call to tell you to drop docs. Sounds like they don't have confidence in there notaries.

Reply by droman on 7/12/05 1:41am
Msg #51150

It may have to do with Ditech, as I get those from Premier and they require the same thing. Loan Closers will pay more, you have to just ask. Most SS will pay the lowest they can, but if all notaries stuck to the NNA $65 minimum base fee (for certified notaries), the SS would have no choice but to pay it. Since there are notaries who will work for as little as $35 (especially newbies so they can ge the experience) the SS will try to get you to do a closing for as little as they can. I had one SS try to get to me to travel to 9000 South when I live 2000 North, during rush hour on a Friday! Now Chicago is known as being one of the top FIVE WORSE expressway states during rush hour traffic. They insisted on paying me $50 when I told them my minimum at that time to that location was $100. They said they couldn't approve it and hung up. About 1/2 hour later I get another call from them agreeing to the fee. My guess was all the other notaries they called were either unavailable or where charging at least the same or higher. Insist on the higher fee. Better to get 2 closings at $75 each then having to do 3 closings @ $50 each. Believe me, less work at higher pay is always the better choice. Save those $50 closings when you have abolutely NOTHING going on, AND it doesn't occupy your prime signing times (4pm-7pm).

Reply by Sharon/CA on 7/12/05 8:44am
Msg #51165

Nah..... I've done a couple of signings for Loan Closer and they themselves were difficult to deal with. Wouldn't return calls... go out to lunch leaving you hanging there waiting for the approval, after you've taken your time to fax over a bazillion fax backs and don't even get a return call back. Plus they expect all that for ($50 bucks) yeah...rrrrrright! Plus I've asked them for more money and gotten a song and a dance back. So I guess each person has their own experience with these SS's, I told Loan Closers to take me off their list... I'm not willing to do many $50 sigings anyway. Just not worth my time. Anyway.. JMO

Reply by Magic Lady on 7/12/05 10:18am
Msg #51215

I have done signings for Loan Closers.com for about six months. The best I can get from them is $50 and I will only do that if I don't have to travel far. My problem is their Ditech loans are very labor intense, a lot of faxing and waiting, just as everyone has said. Two weeks ago, however, I got one of their Ditech loans with blank spaces in the Notice of Default, which was in the body of the Deed of Trust. I told them it could not be notarized with the blanks, they told me they never heard of this problem. I called Ditech and got chastized for being the only notary on the planet to make that statement and pressured to have the clients sign the document and "they would take care of it". I was also told by Loan Closers and Ditech that these documents are notarized "all the time". I have been a notary for 16 years, I have been signing loan packages for nearly that long and believe me, I was not happy with the way they spoke to me. I put "TBD" (To Be Determined) in the blanks and haven't heard a word from anyone. Wondering if I will be paid.....!

Reply by Ernest_CT on 7/12/05 8:47am
Msg #51167

Hmm. Anyone else see a problem in this post?

(Leaving aside the grammar and spelling, that is.)

Don't see it? Check the sentence "They check your work then call you to correct, then you have to fax back again and wait until they call to tell you to drop docs."

That's why there are so many companies requiring fax backs.

Reply by Tina Marie Grimes on 7/12/05 9:01am
Msg #51172

Re: Hmm. Anyone else see a problem in this post?

I saw it Ernest. I had done quite a few signings for this one company and in the span of two weeks they started doing fax backs. I called and asked what happened and she told me they were getting to many notarial mistakes on the documents. So now, you have to fax back then wait for approval to drop the docs. Fortunately, they pay well and on time so I didn't mind doing it but I will not do it for a $50.00 signing.

Reply by Charm_AL on 7/12/05 9:14am
Msg #51179

yep...makes it fun for the rest of us....not

I've got one tomorrow with just about everything faxed back...grrr
how inconvenient for those who have 'other things to do'

Reply by A-1Notary on 7/12/05 1:25pm
Msg #51306

I don't see it! Are you out there to critique ones posting? Not sure what you mean regarding that sentence. Explain please.

Reply by SamIam_CA on 7/12/05 1:33pm
Msg #51311

**They check your work then call you to correct, then you have to fax back again and wait until they call to tell you to drop docs**

The problem is that the NSA had to correct a document. The NSA wouldn't be stuck waiting for permission to sent the docs had they not made an error in the 1st place.

Reply by SamIam_CA on 7/12/05 1:34pm
Msg #51313

Grammer police - senD not senT

Reply by CalGal on 7/12/05 1:48pm
Msg #51323

I used an All-pur. ack. instead of a Jurat. The wording on the doc was a shorter version of an ack., that's why I used one. Also, they wanted the loan # on Jurat, which was not clear in their instructions(order).

Reply by SamIam_CA on 7/12/05 2:27pm
Msg #51333

Where in the California Jurat would one put the loan number??

Reply by CalGal on 7/12/05 6:06pm
Msg #51396

I just put it next to the title/description of document. Now Loan Closers has since come up with a new Jurat with a space for Document description and a space for loan no.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.