Notary Rotary
MENTOR
Notary Discussion History

MENTOR
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by James Henderson on 7/1/05 9:42am
Msg #49304

MENTOR

hi my name is james and i am looking for a mentor, i am a new loan signing agent and to tag a long with someone so i could be sure of what im doing, im in Apple Valley CA. Please help ! Thank you

you can contact me at (760) 247-2789 are e-mail [e-mail address]

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 7/1/05 10:53am
Msg #49333

Hi James...

The best advice you are going to get is to use the orange search button to look up questions before you post them. For instance... you can just type in Mentor... and read what pulls up... or look up message #42400 and the replies for a lively discussion on the subject.

That being said... here's a few tips from us and GOOD LUCK!

To new Signing Agents,

This site can be a great resource for you on your journey to becoming a great signing agent. Building your own business can be a tough thing and nobody can hold your hand and do it for you. Please know that this is a competitive business, and the harder you work for yourself, the more successful you will be.

We do have some great advice for you to get you started.

Tip 1) The orange search button can be a great tool. Use it to look up a question before you post it on the board and chances are… you may find that the answer to your question is right in front of you. Although you are new and excited… and we are excited for you, your first ten questions have probably been asked and answered about a thousand times.

Tip 2) Study hard and stay positive. You have to be thick skinned in this business and sometimes, the best information can come from a cranky attorney who just might bite your head off! Learn from everybody!

Here are some answers to frequently asked questions from the board:

1. How do I get started as a Signing Agent? Read message #33325 by Dorothy/MI

2. How much should I charge? You will have to figure out your own fees based on your area and your expenses. That being said, most of us universally agree that the baseline price for a Single package should be NO LESS than $65-75 for a package delivered to your home plus an additional $25 if it is E-Doc. This is considered an acceptable fee from a Signing Service for a round-trip of 40 miles. (That means 20 miles one way). Many have argued this point and you can find differing points of view by doing a search on ‘fees’.

3. How long should a signing take? Read message #7453 by CaliNotary.

4. What should I carry in my briefcase? Read message #19302 by Lee/AR

5. How can I market myself to Title Co.’s? Read message #42637 by BrendaTX

There are many more answers out there to lots of questions, …printing problems… opinions on good or bad signing services…specific document Q&A…, if you have the desire to excel, we recommend lots and lots of searching… studying…and hard work. Remember, it is all up to you! GOOD LUCK!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.