Notary Rotary
More Journal questions
Notary Discussion History

More Journal questions
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Sasha on 7/15/05 2:38pm
Msg #52501

More Journal questions

Regarding the Kind or Type of Notarization, Doc Date, and Document Kind or Type, since in a loan package there are numerous docs that may have different dates and are different types, how do you fill out these spaces? Also, in the Notary Fee column, when there are two lines for husband and wife, do you enter your fee on both lines? Doesn't that look like you charged double?

Reply by SL/CA on 7/15/05 2:43pm
Msg #52502

For Loan docs or anything notarized, I Fill in all spaces for each notarized document, ( date, type, etc).. In Ca you can only charge 10.00 per Signature, no more... the other charges are considered travel fee, etc... I don't know where you are, you might want to check your state book..

Reply by Stephanie_CA on 7/15/05 3:15pm
Msg #52507

Re: More Journal questions...Sasha

If you have a line per signer per notarized signature - you can enter the date of each document individually.
In the event you are handling a signing, each document notarized will have it's own information i.e. document date.
When doing a loan signing, I never fill in the fee column - at least not before or during the signing...this way the borrowers will not be able to see what your fee is for the signing.

Reply by PW California on 7/15/05 7:21pm
Msg #52565

Re: More Journal questions...Sasha

Do you fill out the journal with the documents that need notarized before you meet with the signer?

Reply by Stephanie_CA on 7/16/05 12:40am
Msg #52636

Re: More Journal questions...Sasha...If I receive the

documents, sometimes I do - it saves time during the signing.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.