Notary Rotary
More pages in doc packs and more pages to fax back
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by peterole_MN on 7/24/05 4:56pm
Msg #54299

Lately it seems that the size of packs have increased, mostly with duplicate pages, more than one id page, and in one recent case, 7 right to cancel pages. Then I have had more requests to have numerous pages faxed back prior to mailing. Friday the request was for 32 pages and Saturday, 22 pages. Phone bill is one thing, but my time is another. And, then you have to wait for their approval to return the pack. I know that this has been addressed before but had to vent with you readers. Isn't it nice to have our hands held? I feel like I am in a 7th grade study hall. I will now start to ask how many pages will require faxing and determine an increase over and above my base fee. To conclude this little tirade, on Tuesday I did one of those famous little. short, easy RESPA packs. I had to collect a variety of items from the client like 3 months of bank statements, verification of 2 pensions, and a number of other items. Then they wanted all of the docs plus the "pick up" items faxed back prior to shipping. So, check on fax back needs prior to agreeing to a fee...and alert SS that fee will increase if more items end up having to faxed then originally agreed to...(bad way to end a sentence, sorry.)

Reply by KAY RHODEN on 7/24/05 5:26pm
Msg #54309

It is getting ridiculous! I find that some "Closing Services" don't know what is contained in the title company package. It's this redundancy that costs us money. My clients laugh about all the duplication. I just tell them that its part of "the plan". Also the quality of the "closing services'" documents is poor to say the least. I would like to represent myself better. We have graduated from kindergarten and are now in the "school of life" Smile......we have the advantage. Keep on keepin' on....

Reply by Nd_WA on 7/24/05 7:24pm
Msg #54338

IMO... 9/10 SS that required fax back are low paying because they do know better than anyone with the phrase "get what you pay for". Stress make us VENT so do what's right for your health and business, where time is money.

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/24/05 7:34pm
Msg #54344

**It's this redundancy that costs us money.**

I see the forms done in several different ways and have recently started thinking about a theory...perhaps the odds are better that the SA will get them signed properly if they are provided three or four times in the package and are not the same identical form.

Reply by NY_TaxLady on 7/24/05 8:37pm
Msg #54379

When I started as a signing agent many years ago, I got a package with triplicates of everything. I called the TC and complained. I thought they made a mistake. He told when I asked why in triplicate? He said in case we make a mistake and need another copy. At least I didn't have to fax back on that one. He also paid me more on that one.

Reply by IrisWA on 7/24/05 9:46pm
Msg #54400

My "small" signing Friday (my first experience with Ameriquest) was only a portion of their docs -- thank goodness. Lots of things were duplicated, like 10 pages of closing instructions, and then I had to Fax back 24 pages, thanks to 8 "Affidavit" [sic] acknowledgment-loose certificates.

To top it all off, my blankety-blank (can you say "gooood computer") Fax thingie wasn't working ... so I wound up having to e-mail the scanned copies!

*sigh*

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.