Notary Rotary
NO ID
Notary Discussion History

NO ID
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 7/20/05 2:02pm
Msg #53379

NO ID

Okay, I had an appointment schedule for tomorrow brw did not have ID. I called the ss and told them I could not do it without an ID. SS said they will notify the lender and have them take care of the situation. Today I received the docs. Called back the SS company infomred them I received the docs and what should I do they said they will call the lender to find out what was resolved. Of course nothing was so they contacted the Agent who closed this loan 2 years ago to see if she was available to do this. She is but she said I wasn't convenient to her to get the docs but had asked if I can get them to her bc she was way to busy. We are at opposite sides of town so the SS company is trying to get new docs to the new sa. Should I go out of my way to get these docs to the new agent? Should the ss pay me mileage to drop them off? Just bc the brw does not have proper id. Am I wrong?

Reply by Merry_CA on 7/20/05 2:22pm
Msg #53386

What state are you in? I would not make the trip without a faxed/emailed confirmation from SS that I would be paid an agreed upon travel fee of $----. Otherwise, I would make the docs available for the other SA to pickup from me.

Reply by CaliNotary on 7/20/05 2:32pm
Msg #53390

Why on earth yould you think for a second that you are obligated to deliver these documents, especially when the reason is simply that the other agent is "way too busy" to get them herself?

If you can negotiate a fee that you think is fair for you to deliver them, great. Otherwise, tell them that somebody can pick them up off of your porch.

And depending on what state you're in, you might have been able to do the signing without ID. Check your states identification requirements to see if it allows the use of credible witnesses.

Reply by alias on 7/21/05 7:53am
Msg #53532

I am in the State of TN. I need an ID. I left it up to SS to figure out the doc situation. I notified them way over a week that the woman did not have an ID and was not willing to get a picture ID. They waited to the last minute to answer me after several calls. I did my part I don't feel guilty at all for not delivery the docs. Thanks for your input.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.