Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
New Radio Ad on KFI 640 a.m. in So CA today....
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Any one else hear it??? on 7/12/05 1:37am
Msg #51147

For you guessed it - notaryclasses.com! It's even WORSE than the last few they've had. Now they have someone who just MARRIED a Notary Public who took their one day class & is now making $100,000 per year! If you hear it, let us know what you think.

Reply by tjs-ca on 7/12/05 1:42am
Msg #51151

That's where I heard about notaryclasses.com......I only started in April and have invested like $1200 so far......haven't had one signing yet......wonder when I'll get my first.

Reply by CaliNotary on 7/12/05 1:45am
Msg #51153

You mean you haven't made $25,000 yet?

I'd love to hear what they tell their students about the market for signing agents in California. What you're experiencing is the reality of most new signing agents here. Care to share?

Reply by Eve - San Diego on 7/12/05 11:26am
Msg #51246

"They" tell their students that "We" need to work hard due to the surge of notaries in California (I know, especially my area). I was never told anything untrue but a lot of things were true (some things really stick out): Being bilingual may help (yes, it does!) and put that on our business cards (I love Vista print); you must sign up with at least 200 companies and never stop marketing; read the message boards for trends on who pays, who doesn't pay, who's slow pay, etc; follow-up and market but avoid the end of the month; don't show up empty-handed when marketing in person (so true so true!); be a team-player, be flexible and customer-oriented; be patient and courteous and always remember that you are in THEIR home.

I also met another lady at my class that I liked, we went to lunch together and now share leads and support each other, another thing that was encouraged (two heads are better then one) if you could find someone to trust. I made another friend (who is also Spanish-speaking) and we teamed up and help each other a lot. I am a mother at home with a new baby and my "partner" takes jobs that I can give her when I don't have a sitter and she gives me some that she cannot do. I am very happy with my choice and would recommend this company and I don't care about their advertising.

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 7/12/05 5:18pm
Msg #51384

Re:Wow!!

The information you just gave is freely available information on this board. Are you telling me that the 'teachers' are poaching the best information from the notary boards and selling it to new notaries? That takes integrity.

Also Eve, I hate to break it to ya... but your numbers aren't that great. I would venture to say that you'd probably have made the exact same amount of money if you'd just started out on your own and used your own good sense and research skills instead of paying good money to be given a pep talk. Now this is just a generalization but in my experience... the people that need constant pats on the back and pep talks should NOT be self-employed. I find it interesting that the first thing you did was find a partner to lunch with and refer things back and forth with.

It's just an observation but it seems to me that this company is preying on those that don't have the 'stuff' to do it alone. And sooner or later baby... whether you spend your money on notary classes or not... you'll realize that the best information you got... you learned on your own... through your own experiences.

I find it surprising that your Notary Classes didn't teach you to be more professional and not burn bridges using your own name.

Reply by jb/CA on 7/12/05 10:43am
Msg #51229

Here is another class...check it out.

http://www.romenotaryseminars.com/questions/why_be_a_notary.htm

Reply by Eve in San Diego on 7/12/05 10:55am
Msg #51234

Let's Spread the Love

If you are going to bash companies who teach notary and loan signing and their instructors, how about Sylvia from Florida? I notice she is on the two boards I monitor all the time and I heard from a reliable source that she teaches or did teach for a notary company? There is a thread earlier on this board and she never answered the question about that. And how about Janet L from California?? She is a teacher for Abacus (I just read it on the Go Mobile board). Both seem like they are very helpful and knowledgeable. Are they a sell-out too because they teach?
And dear Carolyn from Colorado: I am new but I do not sign for less than $50 and was taught to NEVER accept anything less than that since apparently $50 was the going rate over 5 years ago! Next month I will raise my base fee to $60 and I realize that I risk losing some work but I'm okay with that and want to move forward. My goal is making a nice income while still staying home with my new baby and this job is working out great.

Reply by Dogmonger, Ca on 7/12/05 11:31am
Msg #51248

You need to reread Cali's orignal post

1.His beef was the DECEPTIVE advertising promotion this company has run in the past, and apparently is doing again

2.I believe Sylvia teaches a notary class at a Community College or at a adult night school, and I doubt very seriously that they are using deceptive advertising in order to enroll students. Again the original post was about these companies using deceptive advertising.

3. I have no knowlege of Abacus, but would say that ANY company that used deceptive advertising in order to entice students, buyers or whatever is WRONG. JMHO

Reply by CarolynCO on 7/12/05 1:48pm
Msg #51324

Re:Let's Spread the Love-are we going to sing kum bi ya, too

**And dear Carolyn from Colorado:**

First of all, I'm in no way, shape or form your *dear* -- and after reading how you are showing your true colors, you quit spreading the love this morning!

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 7/12/05 3:13pm
Msg #51347

Re: Let's Spread the Love

Girl, I don't know if it is PPD or what but you NEED an attitude adjustment... BIG TIME. I'm not going to defend Sylvia because she's quite capable of taking you to the cleaners!! She's also an SS so I'm sure you can expect to get lots and lots of biz from her!

I can't stand hypocrisy and sweetie you are dripping with it. Your attack on Nicole's profile and Cali's comments were way worse than any comment either of them made. People are entitled to post opinions... you are the one who took it to a personal level of attacks and criticism. Get a clue... take the log out of your own eye!

I wish you all good things in life... I'm going to refer all my Ameriquest biz to you... you'll fit right in with them with your super attitude!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.