Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by wells on 7/13/05 6:42pm
Msg #51809

I just became a notary and I will be taking the test to become a signing agent I would like to know what to do and where should I start. I live in central ca.

Reply by SamIam_CA on 7/13/05 7:39pm
Msg #51831

From whom are you taking 'the test'?
Please also see messages in the threads that start with 33325, 44234, 44429 & 44653. Good Luck!

Reply by wells on 7/13/05 7:59pm
Msg #51837

I am taking the test through NNA. Thanks for the threads

Reply by tnotary on 7/13/05 8:09pm
Msg #51840

what city in central ca.?

Reply by wells on 7/13/05 8:12pm
Msg #51841

LeMoore,Ca

Reply by Hey Newbie! on 7/13/05 10:10pm
Msg #51870

NSA Class

The NNA signing agent class stinks, take it from me (or not): They charge you for the class and then they charge you for the book for the class, and then they charge you to take their certification test oh and then you have to pay to be on the NSA list oh and yeah, I almost forgot, you have to renew (paaaless - like as if loan docs change) every year or two, bla bla bla. The best thing to do is learn all you can BEFORE you take the class and when you've decided on a company, just ask for recent references and ask what the bottom line is and what exactly, I mean exactly do you get. You cannot rely on open message boards like this (including my bash) for reliable info -- call references. I wish I had!

Reply by wells on 7/13/05 10:15pm
Msg #51875

Re: NSA Class

Thanks for the info. I always consider any info. I can get. I'm trying to get started and turning out to be more confusing.

Reply by Me again on 7/13/05 10:24pm
Msg #51879

Before you leap, maybe you'd better read this board and anoterh free board (www.gomobilenotary.com) first to get your feet wet. Caution though! There seem to be a few individuals who have an opinion about everything and seem to like to stir the pot! (smile folks).

I have recently read a lot of bashing on a company that I thought was first-class (notary classes) but I only took their notary exam prep class before it was required. I have to tell you that the instructor that I had was funny and made a dry subject great- I actually had a pretty good day. I regret not looking into their loan signing class but hey, what the heck do I know - I already wasted my dough on the NNA. I still might go anyway, not sure if I can get the same instructor but if so, woul dgo in a heartbeat. I will get references!

Reply by wells on 7/13/05 10:40pm
Msg #51883

Thanks I'll look around to see if other sites are giving the class.

Reply by Sam I am on 7/13/05 11:23pm
Msg #51895

Just to clarify - you don't HAVE to take a class to be a NSA. The certification tests vary from site to site as well.

Reply by CarolynCO on 7/14/05 8:07am
Msg #51941

Re: Me again and Hey Newbie

Please pick ONE handle and stick to it.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.