Notary Rotary
OK Hugh... can you help me out?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by AngelinaAZ on 7/1/05 12:03pm
Msg #49359

Got any good jokes that I can use over the weekend. I'm going to have a house full of Army guys and they always get one up on me. I'm one of those who gets the punchline about 3 days later.... Ohhhhh!

I miss your sense of humor on this board lately!!

Reply by BrendaTx on 7/1/05 12:19pm
Msg #49362

Hugh's got pneumonia...he'll be okay, but he's going to be off the radar for a few more days. Enough about Hugh...let's talk about the army guys. Don't bother me with details on age...in case you did not know, age is only a number.

A whole house full of Army guys, huh? Okay...I'll purchase a ticket to AZ today. I'll call you when I get to the airport. Smiley

Reply by SamIam_CA on 7/1/05 12:29pm
Msg #49369

Please pass on my wishes for Hugh's speedy recovery. Maybe B&T soon to be X-wife will rush to his side with chicken soup?

Reply by BrendaTx on 7/1/05 12:47pm
Msg #49377

Hugh, hugh, hugh...

Okay...another snippet about Hugh, but then can we get to the army guys????

-----------Now that I know he's going to be fine, I can be flip-------------

Actually, Hugh is in ICU, and I have already talked to him today.

He went to the hospital via EMT on Wed. am. His daughter called me yesterday to give me his phone number in ICU. I usually talk to Hugh several times a week, but I thought he was just being cranky with me--I had called and left a message for him to call me on Wednesday - but by this time he was already in the hospital. I figured I had ticked him off Smiley (if that's possible) and he would not return my phone call.

By last night, I changed that theory and surmised he must have fallen in love. Then, about that time I got a call from his daughter who gave me the number to his room in ICU. They said he could not have his cellphone in the hospital. He sounds weak, but he's going to be fine.

I'll pass along the Hello's and wishes. I am sure he'll appreciate it.

NOW, can we get back to the discussion on the house FULL of army guys?????

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 7/1/05 1:05pm
Msg #49381

Re: Hugh, hugh, hugh...

I am so sorry to hear that he is not well. My prayers will go out to him... I'm glad to know he is on the upswing!

About the Army guys... ohhh Brenda... it is truly delicious. (I'm married but it's ok to look right!) Age is not a problem... they range from the seasoned oldies to the fresh ones still wet behind the ears. Our house is like a home away from home for these guys on the holidays. My husband invites all of his buddies from the base that have no family around and we have a bash. It makes me happy to give them a great meal and show them that family can be anywhere!

Reply by Ernest_CT on 7/1/05 2:35pm
Msg #49405

And be sure to tell HisHughness ...

... that we're all praying for him. That'll get him out fast enough! There's not a lot that will awaken the agnostics or atheists faster than telling them you'll be praying for them....

Reply by Charm_AL on 7/1/05 3:03pm
Msg #49408

Re: And be sure to tell HisHughness ...

Yes please tell himshugh that I"m thinking about him too Smiley

Reply by Ernest_CT on 7/1/05 2:29pm
Msg #49402

Oh, so now it's all about Brenda all the time?r

Do you think HisHughness will be in the horsepistol long enough to get cards there? Please send our best wishes in any event!

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/1/05 3:28pm
Msg #49414

Re: Oh, so now it's all about Brenda all the time?-YES!

I don't know...I'll call and find out...then, I'll update.

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/1/05 3:41pm
Msg #49416

He's out of ICU - in a regular room...

Probably home tomorrow.

He cut me off because the nurse came in--said to call back in 15 minutes...I can tell he is already a lot better...in fact, it sounds like he's having a good time.

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 7/1/05 4:06pm
Msg #49420

Re: He's out of ICU - in a regular room...

that's good to hear. Let him know he is in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks.

Reply by Dogmonger, Ca on 7/2/05 1:00am
Msg #49517

Brenda if you really want to boost his recovery

Maybe we all pitch in for one of those stripper gram's:-) PS In all seriousness I wish him a full and speedy recovery and hope he finds that next EX Mrs. His Hughness and he get community property in the settlement, half the liquor store, half the trust, and of course at least 200 hp Merc:-o

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 7/1/05 12:20pm
Msg #49363

And it's got to be better than the one square of toilet paper demonstration.

Reply by Jon on 7/1/05 1:05pm
Msg #49380

Here is a link to a list of war/army jokes.

http://www.jokeswarehouse.com/cgi-bin/category1.cgi?id=24

I haven't read them, so if they are offensive, sorry. Maybe it will help to put you one up on them Smiley. They also have other categories.

Good Luck

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 7/1/05 1:08pm
Msg #49382

Re: Thanks Jon...

Offensive??? You must be thinking of the wrong girl! I'm un-offendable!!

Reply by Lil on 7/1/05 4:26pm
Msg #49426

Nurse Hardbody

Well, maybe Hugh will find his woman with the bass boat, liquor store & the large trust fund while he's in the hospital. Hope Hugh likes the "half off" hospital gowns.

Reply by Dmartz_IN on 7/1/05 4:29pm
Msg #49428

Re: Nurse Hardbody

Now that could go into a whole topic on its own. Can you see Hugh running down the hall trying to see if the nurse had a bassboat. Hope his recovers soon.

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/1/05 6:04pm
Msg #49441

Re: Nurse Hardbody

LOL - Nurse Hardbody or Nurse ANYbody...yeah, he'll get me for posting this one when he gets home and back online.

Reply by christisocal on 7/1/05 7:30pm
Msg #49457

we'll have to be careful when he comes back

If we shower him with tooo much love and affection we'll put him back in hospital! Smiley
On the serious side my prayers are with him too.

Reply by sandi_CA on 7/2/05 1:27am
Msg #49523

Add me to the list of people who wish Hugh a very speedy recovery. I miss his sarcastic humor and hope he's thinking up lots of new one-liners while he's stuck in bed resting.

Reply by HisHughness on 7/2/05 2:04pm
Msg #49574

I'm back, and as good as I always was. (Please, let's not spend a lot of time dissecting that comment.)

Thank you all for your good wishes. They warmed the cockles of my heart, whatever and wherever those might be.

Nobody ever told me that when you get long in the tooth your lungs are also something that may not properly inflate.

Reply by SamIam_CA on 7/2/05 2:45pm
Msg #49581

Glad you are back! :) n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.