Notary Rotary
OT - to be young, stylish and fashionable
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by CarolynCO on 7/14/05 1:32pm
Msg #52123

They said on the news this morning that this is our 10th day of 90+ degrees. Okay, today we are actually having a cold front - it is only 91 instead of 98 or 99.

I know how important fashion and fitting in is to young people. My son, as a teenager, spent more time in the bathroom "getting it right" than many girls do. As a teenager, I grew up with miniskirts, and if they weren't short enough, we ended up with the midruff buldge roll around our middle. It would be below freezing, and usually closer to zero or below while standing for the bus. God forbid if we would put a scarf or anything on our head, or wear gloves or a coat that covered our legs. How *uncool* -- I remember my legs literally being purple and unable to move my fingers. But I was cool. Yeah, right. It's a wonder we all didn't end up with pneumonia. Anyway, I was just driving down the street and there was this teenage girl wearing a long-sleeved/hooded sweatshirt and a winter knit cap -- all black and heat absorbing too.

Okay, back to work, the heat and my hot flashes.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.