Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Okay, I have another one - what would you do?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Natalie Brobst on 7/26/05 4:35pm
Msg #54844

I also got called by ATM to do a couple signings. First the times that we initially scheduled for would have worked out perfectly but because they didn't get the docs in time and it takes them 1-2 hours to process them it got all screwed up. So, on one of the signings the lender called me directly and forwarded me an email of the docs and asked me to get to the borrower as soon as I could. I agreed to but explained to him that I had another signing already scheduled and would need to complete that one. I complete the one signing and by the time I was done it was 10:30 pm. - it would take me 20 minutes to get to the other borrowers house. So, I figured staying out till midnight just wasn't going to work. I called the lender since everyone at ATM was gone home and asked if it would be okay to sign the next day. He said the borrower said it was okay and 5:00pm would be the time. But I would have to backdate the signing since the docs were dated on the 25th. I double checked myself and this morning called ATM to tell them the story and that I could not backdate the forms. They agreed and told me he was trying to get me to do that so it would not affect his commission. They would call me back on the signing. I get home this afternoon and the lender has left me a message that he tried calling me back after he talked to me (not true) he had found another notary who went and did it because the borrower said he couldn't do it today. And I havent heard back from ATM.

I think I should at least get printing fees. And are all signing companies like this - ATM always seems to push it to the last minute for sending docs and having to adjust appt times or cancel. I could have possibly booked other appts. or spent my time better.

Give me your thoughts please!

Reply by Kimberly-IN on 7/26/05 4:42pm
Msg #54851

I'm confused as to when you actually printed the docs...was it before you were asked to back date or after?

Reply by Anonymous on 7/26/05 4:43pm
Msg #54852

I printed them before because I actually thought I could make it to the borrower at a reasonable time.

Reply by Natalie Brobst on 7/26/05 4:43pm
Msg #54853

Sorry, I keep forgetting to change the anonymous to me! oo

Sorry, I keep forgetting to change the anonymous to me! oops!

Reply by Kimberly-IN on 7/26/05 4:48pm
Msg #54856

Well.......in a case like that, regardless of the time...if the BO's are willing to sign, I sign them. If they weren't willing, then I would contact the SS and explain the situation and see what they come up with. I do think you are entitled to a print fee, but they might not. There isn't really anything you could have done to make the situation any better...you plan your day based on docs getting there when they need to and it doesn't always work out that way. All it takes is one co to throw everything off. Good job for not back dating though.

Reply by Anonymous on 7/26/05 5:31pm
Msg #54868

I guess I should have stayed out that late - I just think being out till midnight is too late. And at least where I live ( in California) things just aren't as safe as they used to be.

Reply by thnotary_NY on 7/27/05 6:47am
Msg #54997

You need to go into "My Profile" and fix your alias.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.