Notary Rotary
One year anniversary
Notary Discussion History

One year anniversary
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Ron VA on 7/27/05 10:49am
Msg #55041

One year anniversary

I have been a member of Notary Rotary for about a year. I will soon make the decision as to renew or not. frankly I have all the business I can handle and don't need any more than I presently get. I belong to three other paid notary site as well.

now the question: What value is there in renewing any or all of my memberships if I am already busy?

Reply by Dogmonger, Ca on 7/27/05 10:53am
Msg #55042

Intrest rates are on the way up

Fewer buyers, fewer refi's, market shrinks, less work. It would be in your best intrest to make it easy for work to easily find you. In this business the customers who provide you with the most work, don't always stay that way from year to year. JMHO

Reply by PAW_Fl on 7/27/05 10:55am
Msg #55043

Do you enjoy the fellowship and education that this forum provides? Do you not consider yourself a "freeloader", paying your own way? Do you enjoy the "member" discounts when you need a notary product? If you answered yes to any one of those questions, you have your answer.

Reply by Charm_AL on 7/27/05 11:05am
Msg #55046

Personally, I'm busy too. However, I will renew my membership here as new companies are still finding me here. It pays to make sure you're out there and what if some of your companies slow down? To me, that's shooting yourself in the foot over 40 bucks and recognition

Reply by Charles_CA on 7/27/05 11:09am
Msg #55049

There used to be a story told in business classes about the fellow who refused to advertise until he advertised his own liquidation. In my opinion it never hurts to advertise. I look at the statistics provided by this site and figure my cost per hit on my profile. If you look at it this way the cost is extremely reasonable. Additionally since things are starting to slow down in much of the country you will see a great attrition in the ranks of support services including notarys, it never hurts to be visible to new companies looking to pruchase your services. With fewer providers of a service those still in the pool become more valuable, just simple economics. With a reduction in service providers thos companies using other service providers will again be looking: if they don't see you they can't purchase your service. I don't sign up with the signing agencies, I get all the signing business I want mainly by advertising on the various notary sites and directly. There are a three sites where most of my business comes from and this is certainly the most popular of the three. Good luck.

Reply by Karen Watterson on 7/27/05 11:37am
Msg #55063

Hello

I am just beginning my loan signing business. Would you please share the names of the notary sites for advertising purposes?

Are you close to West Hllls, CA?

Thanks.

Reply by Charles_CA on 7/27/05 11:52am
Msg #55068

How do I answer this one, someone help!?! /nm

Reply by ColleenCA on 7/27/05 12:11pm
Msg #55078

Re: Karen

Click on the search tab, type in a search subject and you will find the answers to most of your questions. Also, include your state abb. on the author line so that people in that state can answer your questions. Good luck.

Reply by Patrice on 7/27/05 1:39pm
Msg #55107

Thank you!!

Reply by Patrice on 7/27/05 1:41pm
Msg #55108

Thanks again from Karen

Reply by Ernest_CT on 7/27/05 12:13pm
Msg #55080

Renew.

For all of the reasons stated in the other posts, renew your membership here.

Harry provides a very valuable service and deserves to be compensated. The price per year is low in comparison with the value received.

Reply by Ron VA on 7/27/05 12:29pm
Msg #55084

Ok I am convinced. I get the message. I will renew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The best way for a successful man to fail is to do nothing.

Ron VA

Reply by Ernest_CT on 7/27/05 1:36pm
Msg #55103

Yay! Great philosophy! n/m

Reply by CaliNotary on 7/27/05 1:54pm
Msg #55111

"frankly I have all the business I can handle and don't need any more than I presently get"

A lot of people who were working for NASCO thought the same thing and found themselves in deep deep trouble once that business dried up.

Reply by Pete/NY on 7/27/05 3:11pm
Msg #55134

CaliNotary

You just peaked my interest in regard to NASCCO. I was doing lots of Helocs for both Citi and Chase and both sides of the house have completely dried up. Chase went cold turkey about 3 weeks ago. I was told it's just slow. Maybe yes, maybe no. In a big metro area like NY, something just doesn't seem right. Do you have any particular info on what might have happened??? Thanks.

Reply by CaliNotary on 7/27/05 11:50pm
Msg #55274

Re: CaliNotary

I don't know exactly what happened. My understanding is that Citibank decided to split the work among several title companies so NASCO still gets some work, just not nearly as much. Most likely it's because of the monthlong fiasco they had earlier this year when they weren't able to have half of the docs ready for the appointments.

As far as Chase goes, I have no idea. I never got that many Chase loans from them to begin with so I'm not real familiar with that branch of the company.

Reply by Pete/NY on 7/28/05 10:25am
Msg #55331

Re: CaliNotary

I found out that they let a couple hundred people go. You're right about them not being able to keep up. I guess that's what got them into trouble. Chase has slowed down a lot and perhaps they're losing this business also. It was good while it lasted.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.