Notary Rotary
PREFORMING JURAT?
Notary Discussion History

PREFORMING JURAT?
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by ESPY on 7/1/05 6:36pm
Msg #49445

PREFORMING JURAT?

I HAVE A CLIENT WHOM NEEDS TO SIGN IN BEHALF OF THEY'RE FATHER WHOM IS IN ANOTHER STATE AM I ALLOWED TO PREFORM THE NOTARIZATION?

Reply by BrendaTx on 7/1/05 6:54pm
Msg #49447

Ha ha - very funny. Re: PREFORMING JURAT?

This person has to be a prankster. This is the most ridiculous stuff I have ever seen asked here. (And, the other requests made from this IP are pretty bad, too.)

If you aren't playing jokes ESPY, you really need to stop performing notarial acts immediately and read your book.

Are the sockpuppets restless?

Reply by Jenni on 7/1/05 7:45pm
Msg #49460

Not if you want to stay out of JAIL

That is called forgery unless they have a Power of Attorney. Think about what you are doing.
How do you know the father wants it. Sure you talked to a man on the phone who said he was so-n-so. How do you know he wasn't another son trying to hood wink the father, you don't. Protect yourself. You don't say what state you are in or we could tell you where to look it up in your state handbook. Go read it.

Reply by christisocal on 7/1/05 8:32pm
Msg #49469

I think espy's just yanking chains n/m

Reply by Jenni on 7/1/05 8:42pm
Msg #49473

Re: I think espy's just yanking chains n/m

Yes, but I worry about some new notary thinking we are serious if we tell them it's O.K.

Reply by CaliNotary on 7/1/05 9:01pm
Msg #49477

If a new notary doesn't even know something that basic, they've got way bigger problems than worrying about what they read on this message board. Anybody who is stupid enough to do something like this because they read on a notary board that it is ok deserves to lose their commission.

Reply by Taxgirl_NY on 7/1/05 10:28pm
Msg #49495

I am new on this web board but I can't beleive what I am reading. Am I in the wrong place.This isn't April 1st. Can anyone read this ones profile? This is better then Saturday night live.

Reply by Stephanie_CA on 7/1/05 10:56pm
Msg #49502

Re: PREFORMING JURAT?This is a joke, right??? n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.