Notary Rotary
Printing Utilities
Notary Discussion History

Printing Utilities
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Jenny/CA on 7/26/05 11:23pm
Msg #54962

Printing Utilities

I'd like to know if the printing utilities for edocs have to be downloaded ahead of time?

For example, my computer has Adobe Reader for PDF docs. Should I download certain utilites ahead of time incase I receive edocs that use those utilities?

Thank you.

Reply by Becca/FL on 7/26/05 11:49pm
Msg #54967

It's not a bed idea to have the most common utilities installed in your system. Many moons ago, somebody posted the more common utilities with website info for each. You may want to try a search. Some common utilities are:

DocMagic
DessertDocs
VMP
EDS
Swiftview
DigiDocs

Reply by Jenny/CA on 7/27/05 12:06am
Msg #54971

Thank you for the list, yesterday I did my firs edoc and the utility was Elinx ( or ist it Elynx? hmm). What I don't know is if I had to go the the client's website to be able to open the borrower's file , does that mean that I now have Elinx installed permanently?

Reply by Becca/FL on 7/27/05 1:12am
Msg #54988

Re: Printing Utilities - PAW, Please post answer

I don't know for sure, but I think it's in your system. I print Elynx frequently and have not had to download it since I got my lap top over a year ago.

I am no techie, this is a question for PAW.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 7/27/05 8:14am
Msg #55002

The printing utilities that are required by some data warehousing software products, such as SwiftView, DocMagic, eLynx, etc., do install a small application (or applet) on your hard drive and usually make a "file association" so when you download the file, it launches the utility.

I DO NOT recommend downloading the utilities until you need them. And whenever you are asked to print a document that requires a "local" utility to be installed, I suggest reinstalling the utility with the link provided in the email. This will ensure that your system has the latest version of the utility. At least the version that is supposed to work with the file the lender/title company created.

Reply by Charles_CA on 7/27/05 10:59am
Msg #55044

Re: Printing Utilities - PAW, aditional question

Greetings:

I had a document using swiftview yesterday and I do as you sugest and just hit the hot link in the email. I am using current equipment, a P4 based computer and an HP1320tn with the 128 meg memory upgrade. My system kept crashing. I had to reboot and then the balance of the docs would print but I couldn't get through one file of docs without a crash. I don't understand why the docs would continue printing since I waited several minutes for the que to expire and there was no printer icon in my bottom tray for the printer after re-boot. I called the TC's tech support to see if they had done anything different with the documents and they were baffled, they said that they would contact Swiftview, but I don't think its a Swiftview problem. Have you ever had this problem? How would you suggest dealing with it. Having to reboot in the middle of printing docs is frustrating to say the least. Thanks

Beswt regards,
Charles

Reply by Jenny/CA on 7/27/05 4:26pm
Msg #55170

Thank you so much! I am not computer savy therefore your advice is very helpful.
This signing was my first edoc. Now I understand what I've been reading on the board about last minute docs.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.