Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Question about Loan Signing Agent classes......
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Jennifer Smith on 7/29/05 10:48pm
Msg #55822

I notice there are classes that you can attend and some on-line. At local colleges, the classes seem to run about 4 hours and cost about $60.00 On the flip side, I see actual seminars that are up to a FULL day and are over $200.00 I even found one online for $39.95 that guarantees you a certificate.

I am lost. Which is better? What is the difference between the class that is 4 hours and cheaper as opposed to the longer more expensive one? Could you learn everything you need to know with a class online?? I was a loan officer for 6 years, so I am already VERY familiar with loan docs. Any advice from you all on what would be the best choice for me would be so appreciated.

I am so happy to have found this site, I have learned so much already and appreciate that you all take the time to help us newbies out : )

Thanks!

Reply by TitleGalCA on 7/29/05 10:51pm
Msg #55823

The better source is to read thread 33325 first, then to read all posts from beginning to end. The information is priceless, and it's free.

Reply by Brian/CA on 7/29/05 11:10pm
Msg #55827

I would suggest that you buy a book. Two good one are the Signing Registery and Just Point and Sign. You are not going to learn everything you need to know in an 8 hour class let alone a 4 hour class. It would probably be better to spend the money on one of these books and ask question on the boards than take a class if money is a problem. At least then you would have the book to refer back to. I also have the NNA book that they put out for SA's and the grandfather of them all NASA's book. They all have their good points. I took the NNA course at the seminar at the San Diego conference in 2002, which was after I took the NASA course. If you don't have a book you are not going to retain it all. There will be many times you will refer to it.

Reply by Anonymous on 7/30/05 12:27am
Msg #55841

The best class for loan signers is the one offered by www.notaryclasses.com. The class is fabulous and you will learn how to be a loan signer in a 6 hour class.

It was the best thing I could have done to get my career as a signer started. I think the classes are only in Ca.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.