Notary Rotary
Question for New York SA's
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Nancy in Florida on 7/10/05 8:25pm
Msg #50881

I am originally from NY (upstate but only about an hour outside of NYC) and I moved to Florida last year. I am thinking about possibly moving back to NY (5 hurricanes since I have been here is a little too much for me) but I would like to continue doing SA work in NY. When I lived there I didn't know about being an SA, I worked for an Attorney as an RE paralegal doing Closings. I know a lot of Independent Title Closers and I know I can go in that direction as well but I would like to continue working as an SA too.

I want to know if any NY SA's do this as a full time job? If so what part of the State are you in?

Reply by carlosnyc on 7/10/05 8:31pm
Msg #50884

Hi Nancy, I'm doing this full time for now. I'm in New York City, (Bronx County).

Reply by Iris_WA on 7/10/05 8:57pm
Msg #50890

Just curious Carlos, because I hail from NYC originally -- how do you get around efficiently in all the traffic. And what about parking?

Reply by carlosnyc on 7/10/05 9:12pm
Msg #50893

Hi Iris, I don't drive in the city, I'll never get anywhere, hahahaha. I use good ole NYC Transit. Many times my signings are within blocks of each other where I can just walk to.

Reply by Iris_WA on 7/10/05 9:16pm
Msg #50894

You ARE industrious -- I don't think I could ever handle being an NSA by subway.

More power to ya! Smiley

Reply by carlosnyc on 7/10/05 9:23pm
Msg #50895

Hahahahahaaha, thank you thank you. I don't know how long ago you left but believe me, they are alot beter than they used to be. No more graffiti and they are all air conditioned now.
New trains too!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply by Iris_WA on 7/10/05 9:26pm
Msg #50896

Re: Question for New York SA's - OT

22 years ago -- but I did visit in about 1997 and thought I was in the wrong city for a split instant. There WASN'T any graffiti ... I couldn't believe it!

Was also back shortly before 9/11, but didn't have occasion to get into the city that time. Giuliani apparently did a good job cleaning up the place!

Reply by Joan Murad EA on 7/10/05 8:39pm
Msg #50886

What part of NY do you come from and where are you now in Florida? Are you doing it full time in Florida?

Reply by NY Notary on 7/10/05 8:39pm
Msg #50887

Also moved back from Florida. I am doing this full time on Long Island.

Reply by NY_TaxLady on 7/10/05 8:45pm
Msg #50888

I just bought a place in Florida. I am not sure why. My husband thought he wanted it. Maybe it will just be a RE investment.

Reply by Nancy in Florida on 7/10/05 9:45pm
Msg #50897

Re: To Joan

I am originally from Orange County NY and if I move back I will move back to the same area, not necessarily the same County (too expensive now) I currently live in SW Florida and the Florida RE market is booming as well as the hurricanes keeping us SA's busy too, many of the refi's that I do are for repairs from the hurricanes.

Reply by NY_TaxLady on 7/10/05 9:49pm
Msg #50899

Re: To Nancy

I am just below Orange in Rockland.Bought in Lake Worth. It isn't built yet maybe by the end of the year. I guess depending on weather. Just in time for my Tax season. When I need to be in NY.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.