Notary Rotary
Quit Claim Deed
Notary Discussion History

Quit Claim Deed
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by MB/CA on 7/13/05 6:51pm
Msg #51812

Quit Claim Deed

Help! I'm doing a signing tonight and am new! This Loan comes with a Quit Claim Deed form,
but with nothing on it:

Quit Claim Deed

The Undersigned Grantor(s) Declare(s)
Document Transfer Tax is $_______
Parcel No________________________(Am I suppose to put that in?)
computed on full value of property or
computed on less value of liens or emcumbrances remaining at time of sale

Then it has the name of owner and address

See Attached Exhibit "A"
Excempt Code: ( ? )
Then it has the assessor's parcel no.___________

!. I thought a Quit Claim Deed was only used when property was being signed over to someone else or someone was being added to the Deed.
2. Am I suppose to fill in he blanks on this? I'm suppose to notorize with an acknowledgement.

This is probably standard, but I'm not familiar with it.

Thanks,
Mary

Reply by TitleGalCA on 7/13/05 7:06pm
Msg #51815

A quitclaim deed is used when one owner is relinquishing property, or their interest in property, to another - common when one of the spouses will not be going into title (eg. John Doe is taking title as a married man, as his sole and separate property).

Don't touch those blanks, that information is not for you. As a notary, if you believe you have a document that's not complete, you shouldn't notarize it. As a signing agent, if you don't have a comfort level in recognizing the document, you just shouldn't.

Reply by MB/CA on 7/13/05 7:13pm
Msg #51817

Thanks TitleGal.
I know that she is listed as a single woman so this kind of cofuses me!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.