Notary Rotary
Quit Claim Deed
Notary Discussion History

Quit Claim Deed
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Paul, FL on 7/21/05 9:39pm
Msg #53768

Quit Claim Deed

I did a closing on July 8 with no mention about the need for a quit claim deed. I found out that title co. forgot to include deed in package. TC sent to borrower quit claim deed dated July 12. TC originally told borrower that she could get it notorized at a bank. Bank declined so I got called today. The property was in moms and borrowers name; intent is to take mom off and then everything will agree with loan pkg. With QCD dated July 12, loan pkg dated July 8 and my acknowledgements dated today, July 21 will this sail? Or will there be a problem with everything including mortgage dated July 8. Will docs need to be redrawn?? Also on the QCD there is no mention of the grantee/co grantor(i.e. borrower), only the mom's name was mentioned and need to be signed. Is this right?

Reply by BarbaraL_CA on 7/21/05 9:54pm
Msg #53771

As long as there are no blank spaces, you are there to identify her, witness and certify her signature. It's not our concern as a notary what the document is or says.

Reply by Nd_WA on 7/21/05 11:25pm
Msg #53798

I think this would fall under conditions of the compliance agreement.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 7/21/05 11:27pm
Msg #53799

Stop second-guessing yourself.

You did your job both times you made the trip. Now leave it alone.

Reply by Robert E (Bob) Rogers on 7/22/05 3:04pm
Msg #53931

As long as you make sure that you use the date that you are notarizing, then the other dates are the responsibility of the lender/escrow/title company, not yours! Don't concern yourself.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.