Notary Rotary
Ran out of business checks ...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by CarolynCO on 7/22/05 8:39am
Msg #53847

I have a SS that I've always been quite happy with -- very professional and always pay promptly. The company apparently is growing, but with growth comes poor customer service. When it was just a one or two man operation, I would get calls a couple of weeks after the signing to see if I had received the check which was mailed on such and such date.

I now have a signing that was 45-60 days ago, and still no payment -- even though they have hired a payroll company to handle payments twice a month. I emailed the owner who directed me to contact the payroll administrator. The first response was short and sweet - "you will get your check shortly." I email back and ask what that means. The response was that they have run out of checks. Who runs completely out of checks -- business or personal? -- the reorder coupon is placed in a position that you *should* have plenty of time to order so you won't run out of checks.

Reply by Dmartz_IN on 7/22/05 8:49am
Msg #53848

Carolyn,
You should have told them you still accept CASH!!!!

Reply by db_IL on 7/22/05 8:52am
Msg #53850

You could aks for Paypal too! Quick & easy n/m

Reply by CarolynCO on 7/22/05 8:54am
Msg #53851

The explanation just took me by surprise. I've heard all kinds of *excuses* for slow/late payment -- but this is a first.

Reply by Mike/NJ on 7/22/05 9:18am
Msg #53856

Oh boy... I think as business slows more SS's are going to pay later or just go belly up.

Reply by mjk on 7/23/05 3:03pm
Msg #54150

Boy I've heard that one before. Richard barry from Elite Signing in IL has tried that one several times. Months go by and still no check.

Reply by CarolynCO on 7/23/05 3:30pm
Msg #54153

Elite is not the company. As I said, the owner was always right on top of payments - within one or two weeks and would even call to verify that you received the check. With growth, he has had to "let go" of some of his duties. I don't think he is aware of the problem, but I will see that that will change.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.