Notary Rotary
Realtor to accompany me
Notary Discussion History

Realtor to accompany me
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Jenny/CA on 7/23/05 12:37pm
Msg #54122

Realtor to accompany me

I am wondering if a realtor accompanies me to a signing, should I charge less?

He mentioned that he works with another SA, who I happen to know of, that usually does all the talking he is there to answer questions from the borrower.

He asked me if I had done Grant Deeds and Quit Claim Deeds, I was honest and told him I was fairlly new at this and had not. He till asked me for my card. Most of the signings will be in the evening. I know I am going to be very nervous w/ someone there, I'll feel llike some one is looking over my shoulder. I should be happy to have someone there is just that I happen to know the gal he usually works with is very experienced.

Now for a dumb question, if I am going with the realtor, would the signing be considered a "purchase"?

Thank you for your input.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 7/23/05 12:46pm
Msg #54124

Re: Realtor to accompany me - Charge more!

Just kidding. But no you should not charge any less. YOU are in charge. The realtor can be beneficial in that he/she may be able to answer some specific questions that you cannot.

You must maintain the control of the signing though, not letting the RE agent "take over" or engage the borrowers is idle conversation. If he/she wants to do that, he/she can AFTER the signing is completed.

Also, meet the realtor at the property address. That way you won't be held "hostage" to his/her whims or wishes.

Reply by SDgirl on 7/23/05 12:47pm
Msg #54125

In my experience, when a realtor is involved it usually is a purchase. I have also noticed that the borrowers feel a little more comfortable when their realtor is there and they usually direct the questions to them. At least you were honest with him and told him you were not experienced. Dont worry everything will be fine. Try to review the docs first if you have access to them. Good luck!

Reply by Jenny/CA on 7/23/05 1:03pm
Msg #54131

Thank you both. I don't know who will have the docs. We don't have anything set up yet, but I think that he will call me in the future. He is an old acquaintance of my husband( not my close friend) whom I had not seen in years.

The tips are great.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.