Notary Rotary
SIGNING AGENT BOOK
Notary Discussion History

SIGNING AGENT BOOK
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 7/21/05 3:54pm
Msg #53698

SIGNING AGENT BOOK

Hello everybody, I'm a NEWBIE as you guys call those of us starting out. I would like to know if anybody can recommend the name/s of good Signing Agent reference books (other than Victoria Ring's)?

Reply by Merry_CA on 7/21/05 3:57pm
Msg #53701

www.signingregistry.com

Reply by CinSignsNY on 7/21/05 4:23pm
Msg #53707

another good place to start is right here, go to the orange SEARCH button, and look up message #33325, happy researching

Reply by Jenny/CA on 7/21/05 4:33pm
Msg #53711

I ordered the book from signingresgistry.com 6 days ago. Should be arriving soon. I also ordered the one from Just Point and Sign. It arrived two days ago, haven't had a chance to look through it much. I did see the 34 min. dvd that it came with and it did give me a perspective of how an actual signing takes place. ( So far I've only done one).

I still have questions, but I did pick up the tip of placing the signers under oath right from the beginning. Now, If I can just figure out when to actually get all the finger prints, signatures, and certificate info into my journal.

Reply by SamIam_CA on 7/21/05 4:46pm
Msg #53713

**Now, If I can just figure out when to actually get all the finger prints, signatures, and certificate info into my journal.**

I copy all the stuff off their DL and fill out the my journal while they are reviewing the settlement statement (HUD-1). Then I have them sign my journal and get prints.

I mark off the names of the notarized docs with one slash mark during the signing. Then while they fill out any forms, (like an original 1003) I review all the docs for signatures, initials, dates, etc. At that time I put the other slash mark in so to make an X in the MoJo box.

Reply by Jenny/CA on 7/21/05 6:01pm
Msg #53727

Thank you, still a bit confused.....you mark off the notarized docs? Does your book have them listed? I have one from the NNA. I read here that Notary Rotary has a good journal , but I still have a long ways to go before I need to replace mine.

This is probably dumb, but what I did for my signing, I quickly counted the docs I thought were going to need notarizing say 6 docs for each set of the loans and I had the borrower place his thumbprint on 12 spaces. I had him sign diagonally . :-) The bad thing is that I miscounted and now I have extra thumbprints in my book with out any notarial acts to go along with them.

Reply by Kim_Cali on 7/21/05 6:51pm
Msg #53740

Hi Jenny,

I made the mistake of purchasing my original supplies from the NNA....as they say, live and learn! Check out the journal right here at NotRot and you will see the tremendous difference ~ there are check boxes for the different types of notarizations/documents, which you might find most helpful and time saving.

You may want to grab one from here....they are really inexpensive! You can eliminate multiple lines of journal entries....list the documents and have them sign and thumbprint on 1 line.

Reply by kynotary on 7/21/05 7:05pm
Msg #53744

I did the same thing when I got started and bought the book here at NotRot and love it, it saves a lot of time and you feel a lot more professional too! Good Luck with your new signing business, mine is booming!!!

Reply by Jenny/CA on 7/21/05 10:32pm
Msg #53784

Thank you for the tips. I did check out the book and I do like it. Thing is that I am barely on pg.13 of the NNA book. I believe I am supposed to finish it up before switching, right?

Reply by SL/CA on 7/21/05 7:20pm
Msg #53750

Re: Multiple Fingerprints

By law here in CA, you only are required to get fingerprints when it is affecting real property like, the Deed, Quit Claim Deed or Deed of Trust. Just FYI, so you don't need to get one for every signature you get. I do agree with the MoJo from NotRot, it is awesome, huge time saver.. Good luck !! Smiley

Reply by Jenny/CA on 7/23/05 2:23am
Msg #54069

Re: Multiple Fingerprints

Thank you. I just want to get into the habit of the finger printing since I also do regular notarial work.

Reply by MarleneM/USNA on 7/22/05 8:26am
Msg #53845

Re: Extra Thumbprints

Don't use those entry lines for someone else's notarization. Draw a line through the entire entry line those extra thumbprints are on, make a note of explanation ("miscounted docs"), date and initial.

Reply by Jenny/CA on 7/22/05 11:28am
Msg #53888

Re: Extra Thumbprints

Thank you for the idea. I wasn't going to use them I just wasn't sure of what to write down. Since I had the sign diagnoally, the signature went into the miscounted spaces.

Does any one know if I have to finish the old NNA book before ordering another one? I would like to purchase the Notary Rotary one and thought that I could perhaps "x" out the blank pages on the other one. I lent/loaned (sp.?) out my CA primary book , therefore I can't look that up.

Reply by MarleneM/USNA on 7/26/05 10:09am
Msg #54720

Re: Old/New Journals

On the next blank line in your old journal, write something like "Started new journal on mm/dd/yy". Staple the remaining blank pages together (or drawn a vertical line through each page if there are too many to staple) so you don't accidentally use them.

Then you can start using your new journal right away.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.