Notary Rotary
Scanning with the HP3015
Notary Discussion History

Scanning with the HP3015
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Kathi/AZ on 7/12/05 10:04pm
Msg #51455

Scanning with the HP3015

Has anyone been able to do this? I am trying and I keep getting a "load fail" message. I was trying to scan to an email address, I have it set up, but no luck. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/13/05 7:50am
Msg #51532

Kathi, I scan with mine all the time. I am not all that in the "know" with HP products, but what I DO know is if you do not follow the set up instructions step by step EXACTLY, you are going to have to do it again.

If you just want to cut to the chase and get a GOOD install...

Go to the hp.com website

Look up your HP 3015

See if this scanning / load fail is a driver related problem.

If so, get the driver and follow the instructions. Failing that...

While you are there, see if there is "a scrubber" to remove all traces of your previous install from your harddrive. Some versions of their software need them, I think. Usually, you have to uninstall everything to get a good install. Once you do that...

Start the whole process over. Do it all to the letter. And do it in the order it states...whatever it says...

Turn off, unplug USB cord, shake your groove thing, unplug the electricity, untie your shoes, remove your socks, unshake your groove thing, then put your socks back on in the *right* order....etc.

I have had several AIO printers in my care...FINALLY I learned that you REALLLLLLY have to install them exactly according to instructions to get functionality of ALL the features on the AIO.

(If I had a manly geek around, Melody, I would have never had the opportunity to learn this....sigh.)

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.