Notary Rotary
SignSTAT/Mortgagedocs.com
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Jin CA on 7/20/05 10:29am
Msg #53336

These guys drive me crazy! They post their requests via e-mai, and if you are not on your computer 24/7 it is impossible to get the assignments. I don't know about you, but I have a life, and I work a lot, so I can't be looking at my computer all day!
Sorry, just had to vent....

Reply by AJ_in_CA on 7/20/05 10:32am
Msg #53337

I agree, but there is the option of having them text message you on your cell phone if you wish to receive possible assignments that way...just fyi.

Reply by Sheila in San Jose CA on 7/20/05 10:38am
Msg #53339

I think it will be fine, given that business can flucuate, if it comes at a time when i am available, great, if not, then next time. Look at it as just another way to increase your overall income.

Reply by annonymous on 7/20/05 11:22am
Msg #53345

How can you sign up with them? I go to their page, I am re-directed to the SignSTAT page where I enter my e-mail hit enter and it says " we will notify you when we launch our SignSTAT program Summer 2005"

How were you able to get pass that???

TIA

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 7/20/05 11:49am
Msg #53356

I recieved a package (from someone on the boards, but I can't think of who right now), filled it out and sent it in. I waited a few weeks and decided to call as I had no sign in for thier website to check for signings. The gentleman who answered the phone said that they already had SA's in my area and that if and when an opening became available they would call me and give me a password. That was a couple of months ago, haven't heard a word since.

Reply by Los Angeles/CA/ Notary on 7/20/05 12:57pm
Msg #53369

I have signed up with a few companies this month including this one (already signed up with 100's) and when I called for status all said they have all the agents they need in my area at this time considering the volume of refi's or HELOC's they are currently receiving. In other words . . things are slowing down and if you haven't already gotten in with many of these companies they are now turning us away as volume has dropped sharply in recent months. I am lucky to have good standing with the companies I already had . . . .

Reply by Bobbi in CT on 7/20/05 11:40am
Msg #53353

If it isn't filled in 24 hours ...

If the assignment isn't taken fairly quickly, a scheduler starts making telephone calls to the nearest NSAs until s/he can find someone to take it.

FYI. If you haven't done one recently, pay is still $50 for a full refinance package.

Reply by Dogmonger, Ca on 7/20/05 11:43am
Msg #53354

I didn't know they did full refinances

I have only done WAMU Helocs:-)

Reply by Bobbi in CT on 7/20/05 1:53pm
Msg #53375

You got lucky! It's the unluck of the draw /nm

:(

Reply by Dogmonger, Ca on 7/20/05 2:14pm
Msg #53384

Actually I always check the screen to see who the lender

is. I have never seen anything but Wamu. As the crow flies I am only about 28 miles from their office and usually just do the ones by my house that know one wants, or if I happen onto one that fits into the schedule.

Reply by Ted_MI on 7/20/05 4:09pm
Msg #53426

Re: If it isn't filled in 24 hours ...

Bobbi,

My experience has been comparable to that of dogmongers. I have done probably eighty-five signings for md and with one exception all of them were WaMu HELOCs. There was one refinance; now admittedly it was only $50, but it was a relatively small package too (and no WaMu was not the lender).

Reply by db_IL on 7/21/05 12:48am
Msg #53508

Re: SignSTAT/Mortgagedocs.com is all good!!

True it is that Mortgagedocs.com notifies you via email. But they call direct too. I personally like the variety in our industry. The fact that while doing some bookkeeping/computer work I can stumble on an assignment here or there -- works for me. No, they haven't been my bread and butter, but the clean/neat process that Md.com follows and the prompt/consistent payment makes keeps them on my "good list".

Don't we want a little surprise or out of the ordinary in our field. I personally like having a little more variation than "what pen color I'm going to use?" or "shall I pick the large or small 'sign here' flags today? (-:

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/21/05 12:54am
Msg #53509

I work for them. They pay promptly, and pay me very fairly for trips taken out of my area...which most of my signings with them are. In fact, they don't hassle me about my travel fee and it is the same as my $75 and $100 clients fee in the total. In other words, they may have a $50 base, but in the outlying areas they are very good about giving me as much as the others would. I just don't travel for a fee that won't make a profit and they respect that.

Reply by db_IL on 7/21/05 8:38am
Msg #53541

Same here Brenda. Living in rural IL I find that I have to forego many assignments based on low fees. However, Mdocs has not been in that category. Since I keep all my fees reasonable I have no qualms about being firm. $50 assignments are not worthwhile with travel involved(avg 50 mi. RT) and time spent on long country roads. When I explain this openly and honestly to any SS they at least understand my perspective. Mdocs does more than understand- they have always met my fee or adjusted signing location to make it more cost effective for both of us.

GO MORTGAGEDOCS!!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.