SignaturesPlus
Notary Discussion History

SignaturesPlus
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by J in CA on 7/12/05 8:42pm
Msg #51429

SignaturesPlus

Please Help!
I just realized who these folks are, SOX, and now it is after hours, and I've already printed docs, and have to go to the appt.
Sould I call them tomorrow, and say I will not send out docs, until I get some kind of payment garantee?
Any other ideas???
Thanks for any help!

Reply by BLE on 7/12/05 9:03pm
Msg #51433

Hold the docs hostage!

Ask them to submit immediate payment through Paypal or some other similar set up. Did you know that you can legally withhold the finished product if payment is not forthcoming? I studied this last semester in law school.

Reply by SamIam_CA on 7/12/05 9:12pm
Msg #51436

Re: Hold the docs hostage!

WHAT!!?!? You are suggesting the original poster keep the docs? The borrower may loose their rate on the loan...who do you think they're going to come after for monetary damages? Your E&O won't cover your ass for intentionally screwing up!

Reply by Dmartz_IN on 7/12/05 9:20pm
Msg #51442

BLE,
I can not belive you would even say something like this. If you are in law school you should now the difference between a finished product and legal doc's . Also you would be wise not to offer legal advise as you are not a lawyer. Not all of us on this forum are just SA's some of us do other things also and happen to know are state laws very well. Just a heads up take it as you want.

Reply by SamIam_CA on 7/12/05 9:35pm
Msg #51446

Re: Hold the docs hostage??? NNNoooooo!

See the thread starting with message 6379.

Reply by Roger/OH on 7/12/05 9:37pm
Msg #51448

Re: Hold the docs hostage? NEVER!!

Your argument holds no water, as you were hired by SOX, NOT the borrowers. Purposely holding/delaying their docs and causing them to lose their loan would make YOU quite liable to them, and likely jeopardize your commission. The borrowers are not involved in dealings with SOX, and should not be penalized because you have an issue with the ss.

Reply by BP_WV on 7/12/05 11:02pm
Msg #51469

I do several closing a month contracted by an attorney who I work for on a regular basis. There are some clients that the attorney considers a "wire client". These "wire clients" are agencies who are no pay or slow pay, such as SOX. These clients must wire the fees to the attorney before docs are sent. Once the fees are collected by the attorney, I then have permission to ship. It seems unfair, but these clients do have a reputation.

Reply by Dmartz_IN on 7/12/05 11:07pm
Msg #51472

Reply by Dmartz_IN on 7/12/05 11:15pm
Msg #51476

Sorry for the key slip
Anyway I am not an attorney but i do hold a collection agency license and my brother is our attorney for my company we have the same thing (Wire Clients) but it has to do mostly with my PI business these clients know they have to wire our monies up front for services do to slow-pay or no-pay issues

Reply by CarolynCO on 7/12/05 10:02pm
Msg #51454

**Did you know that you can legally withhold the finished product if payment is not forthcoming? I studied this last semester in law school.**

A little bit of knowledge is worse than no knowledge at all. Your suggestion of holding docs hostage is absolutely absurd and could very well end up with you in the middle of a lawsuit.

Reply by Nothern_CA signer on 7/12/05 9:36pm
Msg #51447

For my one and only dealing with Signature Plus, they promised to pay me for months. When they failed to do so, I called once more and rather than let them roll me over to the "payroll" voicemail, I started collecting information for my complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I would not let them tell me anything except what I wanted to hear.

I received my check within two days. In your situation you might just let them know you have had trouble receiving payment from them in the past, and that you don't intend to be put in that position again. You don't have to, at all.

Good luck.

Reply by NY_TaxLady on 7/12/05 9:48pm
Msg #51450

Send an invoice with the docs.

Reply by Kathi/AZ on 7/12/05 9:58pm
Msg #51453

Call them every day!

That is what I am doing.
They owe me from May. Helen King is supposed to call me back tomorrow, if I don't hear from her I will call Stacy again.
A lot of followup for $75 dollars.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 7/12/05 10:05pm
Msg #51456

No, you cannot withhold the docs.

As you have committed to this signing and have the docs, you really have no alternative but to follow through on your committment. Just keep after them until you get paid. They do pay - eventually.

I didn't know that Signatures Plus was SOX.

Reply by J in CA on 7/12/05 10:23pm
Msg #51458

I just got back. Thanks for the replies. I really did not want to hold the docs hostage, as I realize it is not the borrowers fault.
Anyway, it turned out to be a NO SIGN, after 1 hour. There was a mistake, and loan officer said to stop signing. Fine, I probably will get nothing fot that, but here is the new dilemmma...
What happens, when I get called again to sign them tomorrow, which seems to be the plan.
thanks,
J.

Reply by SamIam_CA on 7/12/05 10:36pm
Msg #51462

1. Kinda wimpy "Gee it is too bad that I'm already booked for the whole day."
2. Be assertive "You're company has a very slow payment history - can you sent payment straight away?"
3. Be aggressive "I do not work for businesses that have such a poor reputation!"
Disclaimer - I have never worked for either SP or SOX and have no personal knowledge of their AP process.

BTW it was BLE that got me all hot under the collar - not your original question.

Reply by SamIam_CA on 7/12/05 10:37pm
Msg #51464

damn typo again senD not senT!

Reply by CarolynCO on 7/12/05 10:39pm
Msg #51466

Re: damn typo again senD not senT!

don't you hate it when the keys change position on the keyboard?

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 7/12/05 11:04pm
Msg #51470

Re: Sam... speaking of 'hot under the collar'.

Did you see that thing from Title Gal a few days ago. PWP (Posting while Pissed) I think it was. LOL. It totally reminded me of... myself!

Reply by SamIam_CA on 7/12/05 11:27pm
Msg #51482

Re: Sam... speaking of 'hot under the collar'.

Yep - PwP could easily be me too!

Both your posts and Title Gal's always crack me up Smiley

Reply by Dmartz_IN on 7/12/05 10:37pm
Msg #51463

If you feel you can not wait for the fee just say no you can't do this.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 7/12/05 10:41pm
Msg #51467

You can always turn them down. You could be too busy, or just tell them because of their reputation, which you weren't aware of when you took the signing originally, you would rather not do the signing.
No one can hold a gun to your head and make you take the signing, you are an independant contractor.

Reply by J in CA on 7/12/05 11:05pm
Msg #51471

Unless I can deal with the title Co or lender directly, and skip SignaturePlus, I guess I'll just chalk it up as a loss...
Today really sucked all around. Before this signing, I accepted an e-doc from Veridocs, and then remembered my printer was out of ink. I know, stupid mistake! I called back to turn it down, but they talked me into it for an extra fee to go to Staples, and get a cartridge. I buy one, install, and start to print. The cartridge is faulty! The ink is smeared down every page. The borrower has to go to sleep so he can get up at 2:00am, to go to work. I call Veridocs, and borrower, to try to reschedule for tomorrow, and everyone says, no, has to be today. I go back to Staples, trade in cartridge, come home, print docs, and go to appt. I logged 71 miles!
By the way I ordered 2 cartridges on Saturday from Inkjetsuperstore, and they are being delivered tomorrow...

Reply by SamIam_CA on 7/12/05 11:28pm
Msg #51483

Hopefully you got all of the suck-y-ness out of the way today - and tomorrow will be fantastic.

Reply by Nd_WA on 7/13/05 6:34am
Msg #51525

Cartrige?

**The cartridge is faulty! The ink is smeared down every page. **

I hope it was a faulty toner cartridge or it's going to be another sucked day if you'd used an inkjet to print docs.

Reply by JinCA on 7/13/05 10:24am
Msg #51586

Re: Cartrige?

Laserjet, of course.
Jeez!

Reply by ANON on 7/12/05 11:25pm
Msg #51481

Not uless you want to go to jail. Extortion is illegal. Call them, and let them know you have to cancel. Take the print job as a loss. If you sign this one, you get what you deserve. Who cares if they are in a bind when they show so much inconsideration and poor business practices to the SAs?

Reply by CaliNotary on 7/13/05 1:05am
Msg #51507

I agree with this answer. Obviously it's too late for your specific situation, but I am defintely NOT of the school of thought that once you accept an assignment you are committed to it no matter what.

If you find out after the fact that your chances of getting paid are slim there is nothing wrong with cancelling the appontment and letting them scramble to find some other sucker to take your place. This is business, not social work.

As for the followup question "what should I do tomorrow?", I think the original poster needs to find somebody to slap him upside the head a few times. It's very likely that you're going to have to spend months chasing down one payment, why on earth would you voluntarily make it two payments?

Reply by cca on 7/13/05 10:05am
Msg #51576

Re: SignaturesPlus payment issues

for payment issues call stacy gordon at 949-233-3330 as he is the owner listed with the state of california

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.