Notary Rotary
Signatures Plus/SOX
Notary Discussion History

Signatures Plus/SOX
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Magic Lady CA on 7/15/05 6:16pm
Msg #52555

Signatures Plus/SOX

I have done work in the past for SOX and payment had been slow. After reading your threads on them, I decided to jump on them quickly. I got my check for $195 from them today, for my work in March.

Yesterday while at a signing, Signatures Plus left a message on my cell phone asking if I could do a signing for them on Tuesday. In my return phone call to them, I was told the signing had been placed.

I just got a call from Signatures Plus to "confirm" the signing they had for me tomorrow morning. I told her that the message she left had said it was for Tuesday AM, and, that I had not yet accepted any signing with them. She said she could get approval for $75 even though their standard fee is $45. But, I told her I was already booked. Not real happy at being put on the spot, especially if these guys are really SOX in disguise.

Reply by 3 Notaries on 7/15/05 10:15pm
Msg #52602

$45 seems kind of a low figure for around here! We don't go out of the office with overnight DOCs for less than $65. (Unless it is only a few pages).
Were they overnight or eDOCs? Just wondered!
We just put SOX on our 'Do Not Accept ' list! Thanks everyone! This web site is THE BEST!

Reply by Magic Lady CA on 7/16/05 4:42pm
Msg #52687

The docs were to go to the borrower ( I hate that anyway). My usual minimum in $75. I will go very local for $65. None the less, these guys are now on my "don't go there list" now!

Reply by 3 Notaries on 7/16/05 6:21pm
Msg #52702

Assured settlement Group, LLC

Is another NO NO on the list! (Although they are in PA.)
I posted details on another post of mine.
Also ... Countrywide Closings (Full Spectrum), owe us for a closing in March, 2005.
and United Notaries, (also known as ECS INC., And E-Loan ...owner Keith Dean). have owed us since March also.
We have called these companies MANY times. Funny how often one has to hear ...I'll get that right out to you in tomorrow's mail, or, It was just sent out, or, I'll have to check on that and call you right back"!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.