Notary Rotary
Signing Agent lady with shorts and sandals
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Calnotary on 7/11/05 9:20am
Msg #50923

2 years ago when I refinanced my home, the lady came to my house in a very hot day wearing shorts, sandals and dark glasses.

Now that Im a SA I was taught that is not appropiate for loan signings people to wear.

Reply by oldhippie_IL on 7/11/05 9:42am
Msg #50926

Mine came in blue jeans, and she never told me about the right to cancel!

Reply by Allison B-Cali2 on 7/11/05 10:05am
Msg #50931

Uh Oh!

Are you guys saying that I can't wear my leather bustier mini-skirt combo with the whip attachment? Am I doing something wrong!?!! What do you think??? Unprofessional??

Reply by anon on 7/11/05 10:08am
Msg #50932

Re: Uh Oh!

no...you can do my refi...

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 7/11/05 10:50am
Msg #50938

A dichotomy..

I went to my day job in a suit, showed up to a signing after work with this on, the b. thought I was rich and a snob. So if I show up in my red clown shoes and curly wig, will this cut it?

Reply by Tina Marie Grimes on 7/11/05 7:38pm
Msg #51071

Re: A dichotomy..

I went to a signing in a real nice grey linen suit and party way through the signing the borrower asked me a question reqarding particulars about his loan. I told him he needed to call his loan officer that I could'nt answer his questions. He got angry and asked how come they sent someone who wasn't trained. I told him I was the Notary and I was there to make sure his documents got signed and notarized. He looked me up and down and said you mean you don't work for the bank? Another aside, I've also had notaries come to my house to do refi's that were dressed like the were going to go play baseball or head to the beach. I don't know, maybe it's a California thing

Reply by TitleGalCA on 7/11/05 8:22pm
Msg #51081

and maybe a CA dichotomy. I go for biz casual as that's the norm for my area. Too much screams "banker/attorney" and too little says I'm on my way to my kids little league game...

Reply by SamIam_CA on 7/11/05 8:30pm
Msg #51085

The first time I had a signing at the mortgage company, I wore a suit. Big mistake - all of their employees were in jeans, shorts, etc.
The next few times I wore business casual - still stuck out. Today, I said @#$% it and wore jeans. Did not get a second glance from anyone in the office. LOVE IT - but still will give it a few more signings before I show up in saran wrap...

Reply by TitleGalCA on 7/11/05 8:44pm
Msg #51090

That's the truth...

and go figure. My bet is on "not intimidating" (like the suit), but not unprofessional...and nice jeans would work for 80% of the sigings I've done, as long as the rest of the package matches the image I want to portray.

Reply by Charles_CA on 7/11/05 10:51am
Msg #50939

Re: Uh Oh! Wow, its getting hot in here!

Wow, when I became a notary I just wanted to add a convenience to my already existing customers. Between the leather bustiers, mini-skirts, whips, and revealing cheer leading uniforms this group seems to be a lot more free wheeling than I ever would have imagined. What a wonderfuly serendipitious adventure this has become.

Reply by tulsa_prlgl on 7/11/05 10:56am
Msg #50941

Re: Uh Oh! Wow, its getting hot in here!

you know, I am constantly trying to find a happy medium. If the couple sounds elderly, I try to wear a nice shirt/slacks-nice but not too dressy. If I am going out to the country I definitely dont wear a suit. I learned the hard way. I got so freakin lost and noone would help me-anywhere, not even at the library! When the borrower finally had to come get me, he said " well no wonder, you look like a darned lawyer" Hmph!

If I am going to the borrower's business or office-then I definitely dress up. I think the key is "reading the clients" and trying to work around it.

Chris

Reply by CaliNotary on 7/11/05 2:43pm
Msg #51004

Re: Uh Oh!

That's what I generally wear and so far I haven't had any complaints. But I have the chest for it, that might be the difference.

Reply by Bob-Chicago on 7/11/05 11:34am
Msg #50952

May need to re-think my..................

speedo, tank top and flip-flops encsemble.
May switch to dress slacks, dark leather shoes and a collored shirt or sweater depending on the temerature.

Reply by Lee/AR on 7/11/05 11:50am
Msg #50954

Re: May need to re-think my..................

Naw... definitely the Speedo...

Reply by Stephanie_CA on 7/11/05 12:20pm
Msg #50956

Re: May need to re-think my....a speedo, Bob? that's so hot

Reply by oldhippie_IL on 7/11/05 12:36pm
Msg #50960

Re: May need to re-think my....a speedo, Bob? that's so hot

Bob, where are you in Chicago land area?

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 7/11/05 12:43pm
Msg #50966

speedo..I like that look n/m

Reply by Charles_CA on 7/11/05 12:52pm
Msg #50967

Re: speedo..I like that look n/m

I like my Speedo's and I still swim competitivly but you should talk to my 17 year-old daughter. She thinks that at my advanced age I should be wearing one of those old-fashioned 1890's type coverall bathing suits. She insists that's what I probably wore as a youth.

Reply by Stephanie_CA on 7/11/05 1:04pm
Msg #50975

Re: speedo..I like that look n/m (laughing) n/m

Reply by Charm_AL on 7/11/05 1:42pm
Msg #50989

personally, I'm glad they came up with colored saran wrap, now I can go out! Smiley

Reply by Claudia_NJ on 7/11/05 1:45pm
Msg #50990

LOL.... you go girl! a woman after my own style Smiley

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.