Notary Rotary
Spam
Notary Discussion History

Spam
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Sylvia_FL on 7/29/05 12:54pm
Msg #55698

Spam

Did anyone else here get the e-mail from Cindy White? ([e-mail address])

Reply by Martha_AZ on 7/29/05 1:31pm
Msg #55715

No. Was she recruiting?

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 7/29/05 2:01pm
Msg #55721

This was the e-mail: (I treated it as spam, and forwarded it to [e-mail address])

Hey you Notaries and Signing Agents!

Have you heard the latest way to earn fast and easy money?
How does

an extra $2000, $4000, $8000 plus sound to you?

The sky is the limit, it is your call as to how much you
want to do!

Reply by Teasa/NY on 7/29/05 2:49pm
Msg #55742

Good job Sylvia

Reply by Anonymous on 7/29/05 7:12pm
Msg #55788

Re: Spam...Wow Sylvia

Is that all it said? Then I would think that would be spam. But...is that what you do to everything that comes to you like that? Or do you also spam all the directories that are sending info to you that are trying to start their businesses up and get more enrollment? Because then I think that would be a little harsh just reporting something as spam in that regard.

I know a lot of people DO send out crap but I think the "Wanna-be-Do-Gooder Spam Police" has made it hard for the people trying to start a home business and get it off the ground an impossibility.

I really think that people have gotten a little "hyper-sensitive" to not only that, but jokes, etc. If people to kid around a bit more the world would be a happier place.

Reply by Anonymous on 7/29/05 7:26pm
Msg #55791

Re: Spam...Wow anonymous.

Okay, tell us your email address and we will send our spam all to you instead

Reply by Anonymous on 7/29/05 9:28pm
Msg #55807

It's not that I don't get spam...

but I don't get it often and not at all on the emails that I do business with. I have one email that I use for anything and everything under this WEB and I don't get a ton of spam...but I have the emails that are strickly for business and I don't get spam on those ever. So I don't think that I have ever reported spam BESIDES the emails that come in another language (since I know I didn't ever send someone an email in that language to make them think I would be able to understand one coming to me that way), or the ones that are for prescription drugs, or asking me to call the naughty wife next door because her husband just left for work. Those I report. But I don't if I get someone trying to get me to join a directory or sell me a product or something in the field I work in...they are buying or collecting email addresses to promote their business or whatever and I figure that's free enterprise and GO FOR IT! I hope one of them go to the top of the Fortune 500 list.

jmo

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 7/29/05 9:40pm
Msg #55815

Re: Spam...Wow Sylvia

I send ALL spam to the [e-mail address] address. I detest spam and don't need my e-mail cluttered up with it.

Reply by Melody on 7/29/05 7:22pm
Msg #55790

I got it. Trashed it immediately. ~n/m

Reply by NY_TaxLady on 7/29/05 11:31pm
Msg #55834

Sylvia does "[e-mail address]" work. Do you get less of it?

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 7/30/05 12:06am
Msg #55839

I also forward it to my ISP who has an address to forward spam to, and my spam has decreased some, but whether it is because of my ISP or the [e-mail address] I don't know.
But the FTC uses spam they store in their database at [e-mail address] to take action against those that send the spam.

http://www.ftc.gov/spam/

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.