Notary Rotary
Such a DEAL
Notary Discussion History

Such a DEAL
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Dogmonger, Ca on 7/28/05 10:43pm
Msg #55514

Such a DEAL

Got a call this afternoon, for a signing up the road apiece. Addresses are down a long dirt road not in very good shape. They offered me 50 dollars and I politely told her my minimum for that area was 75.00. She preceeded to tell me they expected me to download docs for the 50.00 fee, about 22 pages per package with only one notorization. Then she says, we would also expect 6 to 8 digital pictures and then one more thing, This would be the point where I politely declined. I was afraid if I let her finish, she would tell me they expected me to pay for shipping and make the borrowers first payment. :-o

Reply by Melody on 7/28/05 10:48pm
Msg #55515

Just say no

Good for you, DM.

These SSs and TCs can be outrageous! But only if we let them get away with it.

I had a title company call me to offer $75 for a overnight-doc signing 25 minutes away. Heck with them!

Reply by Jhon on 7/28/05 10:52pm
Msg #55517

Re: Just say no

That is exactly what I would do. But sometime I feel some other will do it.

Reply by Melody on 7/28/05 11:06pm
Msg #55521

You are right

Let the newbie NSAs take the $50 signings. This keeps your schedule free to take the $150 ones. The greenies will mess up and the SSs and TCs will go back to calling you.

Plus the new NSAs will spend $2.89 a gallon on gas (today's price in my area) for a 35 mile trip each way. The new NSAs will quickly realize they cannot make a nickel taking $50 jobs and leave.

This is what happened in my area. The NNA swept through here last fall. Suddenly, the number of NSAs in my county jumped from 11 to 25.

This lasted until February. Then the number of NSAs went to 10. Those of us who refuse signings under $100 are doing just fine.

Hang in there!

Reply by Brian/CA on 7/28/05 11:36pm
Msg #55532

You forgot, "and fax the whole package to two different numbers."

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.