Notary Rotary
Sylvia/PAW/Need Florida Help
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Teasa/NY on 7/27/05 10:00am
Msg #55017

I have a signing for Florida property today. I have read your previous posts re 2 witnesses on FL mortgages not being required. I have been requested to have 2 witnesses sign the mortgage. Without starting WW3 with the title cos., how do you approach them that this request is not needed or should I just go with it and get a witness. As ever, thanks.

Reply by Charm_AL on 7/27/05 10:16am
Msg #55022

I've had that happen to me with one particular company many times. They want two witnesses and it's not neccessary here. I just do it their way and nobady gets tangled up in the "but our state....'

Reply by Teasa/NY on 7/27/05 10:18am
Msg #55025

Thanks. That's what I thought, I will just go with it and avoid the grief.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 7/27/05 10:31am
Msg #55033

Even though two witnesses are not "required by the state", there are some lenders and title companies that still require it. In those cases, it is typically easier to abide by the wishes of the lender and/or title company.

Just a note of caution. Be sure the witnesses PRINT their names BENEATH their signatures, or the mortgage will not record.

BTW, you can be one of the witnesses.

Reply by Teasa/NY on 7/27/05 10:35am
Msg #55037

Will do and thanks for the heads up.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.