Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
The Notary Connection, Inc. Information request....
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Charlie-NH on 7/21/05 2:11pm
Msg #53644

I've already done a search and found a couple of comments regarding this business. The information I found stated that (at that time) the Notary Connection is a fairly new business.

Since then (the time of your posts) how has the Notary Connection, Inc. been treating Notaries? I have a request to do a closing on Monday July 25th at 6:00PM. I did agree to do it. Will I get paid?

TIA

Reply by Mike/NJ on 7/21/05 2:28pm
Msg #53649

You must work for low fee's. They called me yesterday and when they quoted thier rate I replied with mine.. lol

They also called 3x's (they must of used every notary database around) by the third time she realized she had been calling the same company..

Reply by Charlie-NH on 7/21/05 3:03pm
Msg #53681

I didn't accept their proposed fee.... Notary Practice ????

They tried to pay me $50.00 to travel 20 miles. I laughed and told her that she didn't even bother to look at my fees.

I initially declined the signing telling her that I will only "roll out of bed" for nothing under $85.00. She then agreed to my fee, telling me that the documents will be sent via mail. Five minutes later I got the confirmation through my email. Everything in there confirmation was correct.

Eighty-five dollars just to travel 10 miles one way, 10 miles back, is reasonable.

I'm not sure about other notaries, but if a "normal" person calls me for "basic" notary work (ex: acknolwedgments, signature witnessing, etc.), I only charge between $35-50 dollars. This fee enables me to travel, and be compensated for my time and notarial act.

Now when SS, or TC call me, I charge no less then $85.00, of course if the service destination is next door, I'll settle for $50.

Is this normal practice?

TIA

Reply by Markita-MI on 7/21/05 3:55pm
Msg #53699

Re: I didn't accept their proposed fee.... Notary Practice ?

"of course if the service destination is next door, I'll settle for $50. "
I agree with this. Yes, it is pretty much normal practice for me as well. Fees vary of course but for the most part, Yes.

Reply by missy_socal on 7/21/05 4:47pm
Msg #53714

where is this particular co. located?

I believe that there are two...one in Nevada and one in Brea, CA.

Reply by WF-CA on 7/21/05 5:33pm
Msg #53722

I did closings for the NC at the end of June & was told I would be paid the 15th & I was!

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 7/22/05 12:22am
Msg #53810

Very Fast Payers

I did a job on July 7th and received my check before the 15th. They didn't do any major checking up and didn't ask for faxbacks. They quoted a lower fee but met my minimum when I asked for it !

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 7/22/05 12:41am
Msg #53813

Re: In reference to branch located in Vegas. n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.